2 months down and I do not like eating meat anymore

navyrob74
on 1/3/15 1:43 am - Pasadena, MD

I am 2 months from my sleeve and the stargest thing has happned to me and I was wondering if anyone else has had the same thing happen to them? Before my surgery I lived on meat and potatoes, every meal had at least 2 servings of each. But know eating any type of meat makes me sick. And most of the time I bring it right back up. Even the smell of meat makes me sick. But for some reason I love vegtables. Its almost like I turned into a vegetarion without even knowing it. I know from my doctor meat was going to be the hardest thing to get back to eating but I honestly do nor even want to. Which brings me to my other concern without eating any meat how a, I supposed to get all my protein in? My doctor really is against using shakes after 30 days. Any help would be great.

Thanks

sqlchick19
on 1/3/15 2:00 am
RNY on 12/15/14

Greek yogurt has a concentrated number of protein grams.  In addition to the SF/ff sweet stuff....You can mix the plain with a little minced garlic, onion, fresh chives and dill, and use as a dip for your veggies (or as a dressing on salad).

Banded 12/18/08.  Band removed and revision to RNY on 12/15/14.

cspotrun
on 1/3/15 2:56 am
RNY on 07/01/14

cheese and beans can help too!  are there any meats that you can tolerate, like chicken or turkey?

Karen   

gbsinsatx
on 1/3/15 2:56 am - San Antonio, TX

I am a Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian. If interested, please see my profile page for some ideas on how to eat meatless and get enough daily protein.

Age at RNY: 55, Height: 5'4", Consultation Weight: 331 lbs-12/1/2009, RNY Surgery Weight: 281 lbs-3/22/2010, Goal Weight Reached: 141 lbs-6/23/2011, Lowest Weight: 126 lbs-12/11/2011

Current Age: 61, Current Weight: 161 lbs-5/20/2016Total Weight Loss Maintained: 170 lbs  

poet_kelly
on 1/3/15 4:51 am - OH

I haven't eaten meat in something like 28 years.  I usually do have a protein shake for breakfast because I'm more thirsty than hungry in the morning and I love my cappuccino protein shakes.  Why would your doctor be against me enjoying a protein shake for breakfast?

Anyway, I can get enough protein without a shake, though I certainly couldn't have at just two months post op.  Early out, I did use shakes, but then I don't see anything wrong with that.  I also ate things like Greek yogurt, cheese, beans and veggie burgers.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

CerealKiller Kat71
on 1/3/15 10:29 am
RNY on 12/31/13
On January 3, 2015 at 12:51 PM Pacific Time, poet_kelly wrote:

I haven't eaten meat in something like 28 years.  I usually do have a protein shake for breakfast because I'm more thirsty than hungry in the morning and I love my cappuccino protein shakes.  Why would your doctor be against me enjoying a protein shake for breakfast?

Anyway, I can get enough protein without a shake, though I certainly couldn't have at just two months post op.  Early out, I did use shakes, but then I don't see anything wrong with that.  I also ate things like Greek yogurt, cheese, beans and veggie burgers.

Kelly -- do you use Syntax cappuccino shakes?

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

poet_kelly
on 1/3/15 10:30 am - OH

Yep, I love love love them.

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

CerealKiller Kat71
on 1/3/15 10:34 am
RNY on 12/31/13

I am big on the Nectar brand and I bought the cappuccino thinking that I'd love it -- and I don't.  I'd be happy to send it to you if you could use it.  I feel badly that it is just sitting here wasted.  I know maybe it's weird since we don't "know" each other -- so I would understand if you passed.  But, if you'd use it, please feel free to msg me and I'll send it to you.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

poet_kelly
on 1/3/15 10:35 am, edited 1/3/15 10:37 am - OH

OK, I PM's you.  Thanks!

selhard
on 1/3/15 11:14 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Score...lucky you.  I've been given protein powder through support group because, like here, many people can't get past the smell and taste of it.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 90 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 369 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 368 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 309 views