Blood Test Question

Dodgergirl27
on 1/14/15 12:29 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Question for some of the Vets...my Dr. has gone missing.  I'm supposed to have my one year follow up and have been calling to try and make the appointment for the last 3 months and have been completely blown off.  So long story short, I've come to the realization that I need to take my follow up care into my own hands.  That leaves me with the following questions:  Does anyone out there just schedule their own blood test?  If so, do you just call the testing center (like a Quest Diagnostics) or do you need to have it set up through your GP or some other Dr?  And finally, how often does everyone do their blood test?  1x/yr, 2x?  Thanks for the input...this is something I would ask my surgeon but since I think he's dropped off the face of the earth I'm feeling a little unsure of how to proceed.

Ocalasam
on 1/14/15 12:40 am
RNY on 12/18/12

I would have your GP schedule them.  I don't even go to my bariatric doctor anymore.  My GP handles all of my bloodwork.  The labs typically need orders from a doctor.

poet_kelly
on 1/14/15 12:43 am - OH

I ask my PCP to order my labs.  While you can order your own at some labs, insurance will not cover it unless ordered by a doctor.

I currently do mine once a year but for the first three years, I did them every six months.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Dodgergirl27
on 1/14/15 12:48 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Ok Great!  Thank you both so much for answering, I really appreciate!

Most Active
Recent Topics