What's on your menu this Tuesday, RNYers?

AnnyBananny
on 1/19/15 8:43 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Good morning, OH friends! Thank you for your words of encouragement yesterday - my interview went well - I feel really confident in how I presented myself, so the rest is up to them! 

Lately I haven't been feeling very creative about my menu or cooking and the things in my freezer just aren't sounding all that good to me (but I eat them since they're there and I don't want to be any more wasteful than I already am - I never realized how guilty I could feel about leaving 1/2 or more of my meal on my plate at a restaurant because sometimes you just can't take leftovers home). So I ask you, what is your absolutely FAVORITE recipe or dish post-op? Give a girl a link to the recipe maybe?

I am planning on making Bariatric Foodie's Curry Chicken this evening. I made this one ages ago and remember really liking it - perhaps it will call to me a little more. 

Time since surgery: 10 months

B: Overnight Oats (I put in 2 tablespoons of PB2 instead of one and apparently that was too much because it's really stiff this morning - always a juggling act)

S: Deli Ham, Apple slices, Laughing Cow wedge, and COFFEE WITH CREAM

L: Salsa Chicken, steamed carrots, sweetened ricotta

S: Honey Roasted Peanuts, Babybel Light

D: Chicken Sausage with reduced sugar ketchup, fruit (this has been my planned dinner for several nights and then I decide not to make it and eat yogurt or something instead - not the best swap, but again, I'm uninspired)

S: SkinnyPop and Cool Whip FroYo

TOTALS: Calories 1146, Protein 93, Carbs 93, Fat 51

V/W: started

E: Body Pump tonight! First time in AGES.

Some of you might remember my weeks long love affair with Caramel Apple Pie Light and Fit Greek Yogurt - well I have a new favorite, Banana Cream - but I'm finding it just as hard to get my hands on! My regular store doesn't have it, so I headed to a second stop last night and no dice. Today, my search will continue! I did find Boston Cream though, a new flavor for L&F, and that is pretty darn good.

Make good choices, y'all!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Lady_bugg
on 1/19/15 9:04 pm
RNY on 11/18/14

Good Morning!  I have lots of recipes pinned, but few that I've made so far since I'm still fairly new to all of this.  However - I do have an egg casserole that I love. 

8 eggs, 2 cups shredded cheddar, 1/4 cup shredded parm, 15oz ricotta, 1lb ground sausage, 1 can of Rotel.  I brown the sausage - then put the rotel with that.  Mix the eggs/cheese ingredients - then add the sausage.  Back in a 13x9 pan for about 50 minutes at 350.  I get about 16 servings out of it for me. 

So... I started drinking coffee again last week - getting a McDonalds latte with SF French Vanilla each morning.  Is this a bad thing since I'm still in weight-loss mode?  I know a lot of you that post on this thread are at or near goal, so it is hard to tell if these are things I should be having this early. 

mamata2
on 1/19/15 9:31 pm

I started having coffee about 4 wks out.  I made sure it was decaf to start since I didn't want to upset my feisty pouch.  I have about 2 cups a day and I don't think it hinders weight loss.  Bu****ch out for the calories in some of the coffee drinks.  I always go sugar-free and skim milk but I still always make sure to log each and every drink.

AngryViking
on 1/19/15 9:33 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

I've been drinking the hi-test since about 2 weeks out.  I drink two cups a day w/ half and half and I log that as part of my daily calorie total.

(deactivated member)
on 1/19/15 9:14 pm

Good morning. Anny I bought a low carb slow cooker cookbook. The author is The author is Dana Carpender. There are a lot of recipes . Some are high in fat. Some are just really easy to. Different also. I made beef staganoff yesterday and it was really good. 

B:Large coffee and two hard boiled eggs

S:Yogurt with some slivered almonds

L:Sausage and peppers and some broccoli slaw

D:Beef staganoff with some mashed cauliflower

S:

For exercise I have been bouncing on an exercise ball. I am not able to lift. It is fun. I pass the time away watching garbage tv.

Water is going down vitamins are in.

I have to say one thing. I have bought many cups to drink out of so they measure how much I am drinking. Sunday I took a regular measuring cup to see if the measurements were correct. Well they were off. I thought I was drinking more but I am glad I checked. 

Have a good day. 

AngryViking
on 1/19/15 9:31 pm, edited 1/19/15 9:48 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Good Morning all!  I feel like I'm in a rut food-wise, as well.  I think if I didn't have to feed other people, I'd be all set.  Sometimes I just want something easy like a veggie burger w/an egg or deli rollups but then there's my husband and son to feed and they wouldn't be content with my menu.  Why do they want to eat every day?!  LOL  I've made skinnytaste's Italian Turkey Meatballs probably a 1/2 dozen times and they are super easy and really yummy.  Two meatballs and I'm stuffed.  The guys get theirs with spaghetti.  I also like this chili from Iowa Girl Eats:  Signature Spicy Smoky Sweet Chili.

B:  coffee with 1/2 & 1/2 and a Friendship Fit to Go cottage cheese w/2TB Polaner SF + fiber raspberry preserves

S: Babybel light

L:  2 oz. deli ham, 1 oz. swiss cheese, Kay's chili nacho cheese protein chips and a couple of pickles.  I'm loving me some pickles lately.

D:  Italian turkey meatballs (see?) and steamed Brussels sprouts.  This is a random combo but I have leftover veg in the fridge that needs eating.

TOTALS:  Cals:  773  Protein:  71  Carbs:  54  Fat:  35

Anny, I go to 3 different stores for my yogurt/cottage cheese shopping.  Wegmans has the Friendship Fit to Go, but a pitiful yogurt selection.  Tops has a great yogurt selection, but there are a couple kinds that I can only get at Walmart.  LOL  Last night I saw Chobani has seasonal flavors out in green tea () and grape. 

mamata2
on 1/19/15 10:07 pm

I don't eat yogurt (can't seem to get past the texture and tang) but even I scratched my head at the Chobani flavors.  There is something about the idea of grape yogurt that makes me almost gag!

mamata2
on 1/19/15 9:37 pm

Good morning all!  My favorite post-surgery recipe has been mini-shepherds pie from Eggface (I used ground turkey and it was awesome).  Even my kids loved them.  I have only made it twice but this reminds me that I need to make it again!  My scale finally started moving again this weekend and I am sure it is due to my diligent eating.  I have made sure to keep the calories under 1000 and get my protein in.  Stick to the plan Nikki!!  But now I am so close to the 160s I can feel it!!  I just need to see that number (I'm a very impatient person

Time since surgery: 6.5 months

B: SF Latte and Quest bar

L: Starbucks protein bistro box

S: SF Latte

D: Black Bean noodles with alfredo sauce

S: EAS Carb Control shake after the gym

W/V: Started

E: 1350m swim

Let's hope this Monday goes fast!

Ocalasam
on 1/19/15 9:42 pm
RNY on 12/18/12

Anny, I see that you eat sweetened Ricotta all the time.  What exactly is that??

AnnyBananny
on 1/20/15 7:32 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

It's literally ricotta with some sugar free syrup (like Torani or the kind you would use in a coffee) mixed in. My favorite is hazelnut.

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Most Active
Recent Topics