Iron??

GodsChildII
on 1/31/15 9:53 pm - Seattle , WA
RNY on 08/05/14

My MD recommend Ferrous Sulfate so that's what I take. I think you should call your doc and see what they recommend. I am not sure that there is a one size fits all answer here. Your Doc knows you and your body best.

poet_kelly
on 2/1/15 12:24 am - OH

There may be a reason ferrous sulfate is best for someone, although I can't think of what that would be.  Do you know why your doc recommended ferrous sulfate for you over carbonyl?  Some docs have said they recommend ferrous sulfate because they don't know the difference between different types of iron and that's just the one they are most familiar with.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

tv73841
on 5/19/15 1:13 pm

If I had to choose between the two, I would choose carbonyl, but I wouldn't choose either. I'd choose amino acid chelate. I supplement my multivitamin with a chelated Iron supplement from Vita4Life. It's worked wonders for my ferritin levels and I wish I'd found it sooner. http://www.amazon.com/Vita4life-Iron-Support-40-Capsules/dp/ B008A0YFHQ/