What's On Your Monday Menu, RNYers?

Berryhoosier
on 3/9/15 5:32 am
RNY on 12/17/14

Way to go on the 5K!!!

JAMStribe
on 3/9/15 7:25 am

That's amazing. Congrats on your accomplishment!!! WOOT WOOT  :)  

JAMStribe
on 3/9/15 7:26 am

Hey, I just noticed you said PIYO fit class. My daughter just got certified in that and

of course I have gone to every class she teaches. Talk about learning how flexible I am not real

quick.  WOW  it's pretty fun though

JAMStribe
on 3/9/15 12:11 am

Happy Monday after Daylight Savings Time change. I hope everyone made it where they needed to be on time. Me? Oh I had a 7AM meeting and with my hour commute I had to get up at 330AM.. well in new time it was 430am but will I sleep good tonight!! 

Had an NSV I have to tell you guys.  This meeting happens 4 times a year. The last time was November 2014.  I ran into a girl that I don't see alot cause she had a job change.  She said Hey! How are you?  Then quietly asked "where is the other half of you?"  I laughed and said well thank you. BUT WOW. wasn't that nice for 7am on a monday?        

Topic of the day is siblings.. See if you can keep up with my crazy family.

Technically I am an only child.  Then mom remarried a man with 2 boys and together they had twins that are 9 years younger than me.  Dad remarried and had 5 more kids. So I am the oldest of 10. The twins are who I am the closest to cause we grew up together but I try to keep in touch with everyone. Thanks to Facebook and the internet that makes it a little easier.  Whew...

Surgery Date:  June 30th 2014

B: Choco protein shake made w unsweet vanilla almond milk and 1 tbsp of PB2.

S: fresh pineapple

L: We are ordering out today cause my Boss is paying so I am having a grilled chicken wrap w provolone, avocado, lettuce tomato and ranch dressing. I don't order out cause I am still gun shy of dumping but I think it should be ok. 

S: Black cherry yogurt with 1/3 cup of Go Lean Crisp. Let me tell you this is super YUM

D: 1 cup lentil soup w 2 wasa cracker w brie spread on them. 

I have WLS support group tonight from 6-730pm so dinner will be late. 

V: always

W: YES!  I have been making a point to drink drink drink and it's improving.

E: Walking in this 60 degree weather before the rains come and flood us.

I have no idea what my totals are just yet. I am behind today :)

Have a great day

Christine

PS: I am technically challenged and cannot for the life of me figure out how to post a picture. It is getting on my last nerve. I have one on my profile but I cant put it anywhere else. Anyway, If you wanna see me, that's where you go  :)

Dcgirl
on 3/9/15 12:17 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Christine - your "1 in 10" story is so crazy, but cool :)  That must be exciting to have so many siblings :)

My stomach cannot tolerate wraps for some reason.  If you have never tried it, perhaps be careful at work, but I normally eat all of the insides of those kinds of wraps and it's just as delicious :)

JAMStribe
on 3/9/15 12:46 am

I have tried a whole wheat wrap and can eat almost half. But yes if this comes on a white wrap,  I will not eat any of the wrap :)  I haven't even tried bread yet, that was my real carb weakness in my previous life so I just say No!! plus I am an hour away from home and have my meeting tonight that I really enjoy so you are right about trying new things at work. I rarely ever do that.  

karenp8
on 3/9/15 12:54 am - Brighton, IL

You look amazing Christine! I can't figure out how to post pics either,so don't feel alone. I am doing good to find the site and post! 

JAMStribe
on 3/9/15 1:00 am

oh thank you so much!  Yes, this is not really "technically challenged" user friendly :)

Dodgergirl27
on 3/9/15 2:09 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Good Morning Everyone,

This time change is killing me and I am dragging...never a good thing to feel on a Monday.  

I am an only child, but was raised in a very large Irish Catholic family with a billion cousins (in fact I went to high school with 3 of them, 2 of which were in my grade).  So while I am an only child, I've never really felt like one b/c I always have family around (and always have family medling in my life :)  I have 2 cousins, both boys (1 older than me one younger) who I am very very close to and think of more like brothers.  Sadly they both live in No. Cal, but we talk all the time.  I really like the younger ones wife, and am getting to like the older ones wife as time passes, but it can be a struggle sometimes :)

Time since surgery: 13 months

B - Lean cusine turkey sausage & cheese breakfast sandwich

L - Greek yogurt w/ chia/hemp/flax seeds

D - TBD (I'm going to TJ's tonight, so something good and high protein)

W/V - On track (I swear, buying double of everything to keep in my office has helped me stay on track with vits, so much.  It was worth the investment in the extra bottles for anyone else who struggles to get their vitamins in)

E - I'm supposed to go to spinning, but I'm not kidding when I say I'm dragging today.  I might bail and just go to bed extra early.  I feel pretty run down today.

Have a great week everyone!

Bubbles314
on 3/9/15 3:20 am - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Hi,

I laid low this weekend not feeling any energy.  Didn't exercise, watched movies and tv shows.  Just tired

I am the middle child. I have an older sister that now lives in Minnesota and works at the Mayo clinic we talk every couple of weeks and see each at least once or twice a year.  My younger sister lives about 10 minutes away and we see each other all the time.  

DC girl so proud of you for running a 5K.  Great picture. 

My younger sister is the one I talk about that has gotten her family into the 5K run/walk.  Her adult children and her grandchildren participate.  Last year when I was at my highest weight she asked me to try it and I wanted to wait til I lost some of me.  The time to sign up has begun.  I know I can't run but I think I can walk it, just not as fast as some will.  I am debating with myself now about walking it I have two 5K to choose from....

5 months since surgery

B   2 sl of Aunt Millies light bread toasted, cheese wiz, egg, bacon 3 sl, a sandwich

L   meat loaf, maybe a veggie

D  tostada

S  Yasso strawberry yogurt bar, maybe another snack if I need it high protein

Cal 752, Prot  52

V/W  started always get it done

E  bike at least 45 minutes will see how I feel

Have a good day everyone

Most Active
Recent Topics