What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 3/11/15 10:10 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Good sun-shiny morning to all!  I'm feeling pretty energized this morning and I'm hoping that translates to a productive day here at work because I was a slug yesterday.  LOL  I had a couple (five) days in a row of not great food/beverage choices and I was really feeling it.  A:  I am not 25 anymore and B:  my body doesn't like when I treat it like **** and C:  as small and petty as this is, I like to see more than a 1 lb. loss when I step on the scale Thursday AM.  So!  Today my goal is to tighten up my logging and not put anything extra in my mouth that I don't need.  I'm the captain of my own damn ship and it's time to put 'er right!  I only have 51 lbs. to my goal weight, which happens to be a weight I haven't seen since 5th grade.  I kid you not.  I refuse to sabotage myself at this stage of the game.

Tell me, what is your goal for today?

B:  coffee (one with milk and one with half and half) and a banana cream Light & Fit Greek

S:  red delicious apple with a TB of PB&Co. White Chocolate Wonderful.  I'm logging this 90 calories worth of ambrosia, so I'm eating it.

L:  Buffalo chicken salad, pork rinds and a string cheese

D:  2 oz. hamburger and roasted broccoli

TOTALS:  Cals:  856  Protein:  83  Carbs:  48  Fat:  38

NEXT!!

mamata2
on 3/11/15 10:34 pm

Good morning!  Today should be a good day, the sun is out the weather is warm(ish) and it's Thursday!  One step closer to the weekend.  I had 3 bites of an Oreo Cheesecake Blizzard last night and I was up throwing up all night.  I don't think it was dumping but my body did not agree with it.  I will definitely not try that again.  On the plus side, I was down a half pound this morning.  I'll take the victory anywhere I can get it.

My goal for today is to try and stay positive all day.  Lately I have been having mini-breakdowns every afternoon (primarily because I hate my job and bosses) but today I am going to try to will myself past it.

Time since surgery: 8 months

B: SF Latte (skim milk) and a Mission Carb Control Tortilla with PB&Co. White Choc Wonderful (SO FUNNY AV we both have this!)

S: 1/2 Quest Bar and Coffee

L: I'm thinking a chicken breast from McDonalds or Protein Box from Starbucks (I'll be driving)

S: 1/2 Quest Bar

D: Tuna and Quest Chips

W/V: Started

E: Rest Day!

Have a great all!

AngryViking
on 3/11/15 10:39 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Holy hell, isn't it the *******OL  It's like a super decadent fluffernutter in a jar. 

And I hear you on staying positive.  It's exhausting sometimes.

(deactivated member)
on 3/11/15 10:49 pm

Good morning. My goal for the day is not to stress about things I can not do anything about.

B:Hard boiled eggs

S:Coffee

L:Chicken taco without shell

D:Steak salad

S:Blueberries with yogurt

Enjoy the day.

countrybella
on 3/11/15 11:16 pm - Ashton, Canada

B: 3 x Yoplait Source Yogurt - Dessert Selection (I am out of the high protein Greek yogurts from the U.S.)

S: Goldfish Crackers (68 crackers)

L: Homemade Veggie Pita Pizza (2 pieces)

S: 1 Medium Apple with skin

D: To be determined

TOTALS (without supper): Cals 735 / Protein: 39 / Carbs: 89 / Fat: 30

karenp8
on 3/11/15 11:19 pm - Brighton, IL

My goal today is to not feel guilty when I take time to exercise. I struggle getting exercise in when others are around because I get busy doing things for or with them. With my son home for break or on weekends when my husband is here I end up exercising late when I'm tired because I don't make the time earlier. I have food pantry this morning but I WILL get my bike,treadmill and walk at the park done right after lunch. Lily and I did get a mile done at the park yesterday and both had a great time. She was so excited she could hardly walk for her butt wiggling! Today we might try for a mile and a half. Post op 30 months and weight at 118.8 today. On track with vitamins and fluids so far and here's the food for the day:B1/2 c steel cut oats and nuts with a half banana with peanut butter L 31/2 oz mahi mahi with hummus and green pepper strips D oven baked chicken thighs and 1/2 c sweet potatoes S strawberry cheesecake lite and fit Greek yogurt with granola. Have a great day full of good choices everyone!

AngryViking
on 3/11/15 11:22 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Good for you for putting yourself first!  I find that really hard to do...

(deactivated member)
on 3/12/15 1:54 am

Putting yourself first I think is one of the hardest things to do. I struggle with that on a daily basis. I am allowed to do the elliptical now so I need to take time for that in the day.

Use Lily as your excuse for needing to exercise. 

karenp8
on 3/11/15 11:49 pm - Brighton, IL

And it's funny because I find I get more accomplished during the day when I take time to take care of me. And my whole attitude and mindset is so much better. Hubby may be retiring in September and I need to perfect this now so I don't off the exercise path then.

Dcgirl
on 3/11/15 11:49 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi Kristen and all!  

I this this week is particularly tough for positivity - losing that hour of sleep really seems to have done a number on everyone!  I am glad people are feeling relatively good today.  It's amazing how seeing the sun can brighten everything up.

My goal today is to do two workouts.  I am having plastics a week from tomorrow and want to go in as strong as possible.  Also, my surgeon's last words to me were "Work on your core because the more you tighten your muscles, the less I have to".  So I am forcing myself to do lots of planks and sit-ups and other heinous core exercises ha ha.

My menu is sort of up in the air since the guy I am dating is taking me to dinner tonight.  But I have the rest all planned out:

B: Coffee with half and half, a Quest Cookies and Cream bar

L: Leftover turkey taco meat with some cheese, light sour cream, hot sauce, guacamole

S: Mr. O's Tuscan herb cheese crisps (one bag has 150 calories, 10 protein, 6 carbs); toasted coconut light and fit yogurt with almonds

D: TBD but will focus on protein

E: I did an hour on the arc trainer this morning, and I am doing a strength training class tonight before dinner.  I cannot let dating get in the way of having a good workout routine so I told my guy I could meet for dinner at 8 pm lol

Totals without dinner are 1,100 calories and 74 g of protein and 74 g of carbs.  Goal is 100 g of protein a day as I gear up for surgery, so dinner will be chicken or shrimp or crab cakes or something.

Have a great and sunny day, all!  Em

Most Active
Recent Topics