What's On Your Monday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 3/15/15 10:23 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Good Morning girls!  I'm here at work like 20 minutes and already thinking about taking Friday off.  Is that bad?  LOL  This weekend was too fast and too busy for me to consider it a weekend.  I want a do-over!  My boy's science fair project was a big hunk of work, but as of 1:30 this morning (again, best mom ever) is all done!  It came out great and he gets to present it this Thursday night at the science fair.  He's super excited.  He's also super excited because we got him his own phone this weekend.  Someone catch me.  LOL  It's just a trac phone, and as we drilled into his head, is just for emergencies, but he thinks he's the coolest kind in town.

The rest of my weekend was taken up by shopping for a backhoe.  No, that's not a typo.  Apparently, my husband feels we need our own backhoe so we can complete "projects" around the property.  Uh-huh.  I'm not too clear on what these "projects" are, but if any of them result in new outbuildings or additions to the current house, I'm all for it.

Time since surgery:  1 day shy of 8 months

B:  coffee (one with milk and one with half and half) and a pomegranate berry Light & Fit Greek.  I haven't tried this yet, but if I open this thing up and there are actual pomegranate seeds in there, it's going in the trash.  *shudder*

S:  Click Mocha

L:  3 oz. taco meat and 1 oz. of shredded cheddar

S:  red delicious apple and a cheese stick

D:  Leftover Guinness corned beef and cabbage with an egg on top

TOTALS:  Cals:  881  Protein:  82  Carbs:  54  Fat:  39

NEXT!

mamata2
on 3/15/15 10:41 pm

Good morning!  Wow, a backhoe!  I wish we had enough property to make a backhoe necessary.  You really are supermom.  1:30am?  Whoa.  My weekend was full of errands and laundry.  We went to the local bike o' rama on Saturday and my husband finally has a bike helmet that fits.  He has an extremely large head!  I didn't make it out on my bike this weekend :( but my husband is saying he now wants to go swimming every night.  I'll take it!  Last night we went after we put the kids to bed.  I'm not sure how I'm going to like late night workouts but I'm hoping my body will get used to it.

Time since surgery: 8 months

B: SF Latte (cashew milk) and oats with almonds and cherries

S: Coffee and 1/2 Quest Bar

L: TJ's Korean Chicken Sausage, Cheddar cheese and Good Bean Chickpeas

S: Kay's Natural Cinnamon Pretzels

D: Meatballs and Marinara

Post-workout: EAS Carb Control Shake

W/V: Started

E: 1900m swim

Totals: 948 Calories, 88 protein, 68 carbs, 48 fat

Have a great day all! 

Berryhoosier
on 3/15/15 11:21 pm, edited 3/15/15 11:21 pm
RNY on 12/17/14

Good morning all!  I'm back from Spring break.  I made a lot of good choices last week and a few not so great choices.  I've been back on track since Saturday though.  I'm ready to lose 10 pounds and get to onederland!

B: light and fit Greek and 100 cal almonds

S: strawberries and cheese

L: ham, cheese, 1/2 low carb pita, cucumbers and tomatoes

S: muscle milk sugar free 100

D: shrimp, light alfredo, broccoli, spaghetti

S: 100 cal popcorn (if needed)

Ex: water aerobics

Water and vits: started

Have a great day everyone!

Dcgirl
on 3/15/15 11:50 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

WOW you're a nice mom to stay up that late for your son!  I am way too selfish for that ha ha.

I had a great weekend - took the new bf to brunch with my friends which was simultaneously great (they all got along well) and terrible (I ate good protein choices and then also had crepes and crackers and champagne ugh).  Luckily I did some great workouts this weekend so the scale is holding steady at 158.  Friday is my big day of plastics.  I was up at 4 am today obsessing about it.  I feel like I need to spend this week in a haze of Xanax just to get through the anxiety (and I am only half-kidding).

I have a lot to do this week to prep for my cleaning lady, my mom visiting, and taking 4 days off work.  Not to mention doing lots of core work and cardio.  And naturally my social calendar is packed since I am anticipating being home bound for a week or two, just convalescing.  Which is NOT something I am good at (being at home, and anti-social!)

B: Coffee with half and half, Costco rotisserie chicken salad

L: Costco rotisserie salad

S: Popcorn, light and fit yogurt with almonds

D: Chicken fajitas (no beans, rice, tortillas) with peppers and onions, a bit of sour cream and cheese

E: 45 minutes on the Arc Trainer, a 60 minute PlioFit class which always kicks my butt

Totals are about 1,500 calories, 110 protein, 70 carbs (I am being honest in that I will eat some chips)

Have a great day all!

NYMom222
on 3/16/15 1:53 am
RNY on 07/23/14

You will do fabulous...take a deep breath. ... I love the prepping for the cleaning lady part. I have one come every once and awhile and I spend just as long organizing and putting everything back in it's home as she does cleaning. LOL... crazy.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

(deactivated member)
on 3/16/15 12:16 am

You are a great mom for staying up to 1:30. Funny your husband wants to buy a backhoe. We can rent them here for the day so I hope my husband never wants to buy one. My weekend was great I had both my kids home and my daughter bought her boyfriend. Who was a great young man. My daughter also had some of her friends over. It felt so good to have everyone here. Sunday when my daughter went back to school I wasn't upset I know she will be here for Easter and so will my son.

I am so happy to see the sun again. It is 50 degrees here and a little chilly but I will take this weather over the cold.

B:Eggs with bacon

S:Yogurt

L:Chicken and broccoli

D:Steak on the grill with some grilled veggies. I am so lucky my husband isn't a big carb kind of guy.

S:Yogurt I have to stop buying it when it is on sale. I feel like a hoarder

Tomorrow is St.Paddys day and my husband and I are taking a half day to go to our normal Irish pub for the rest of the day. I love when they come and play the bag pipes. 

Have a great day.

karenp8
on 3/16/15 12:24 am - Brighton, IL

A backhoe,huh! And I thought a snowblade for the riding lawnmower was odd! He did definitely get use out of the blade this winter though and kept himself busy clearing the driveways of elderly neighbors,who sent him home with money,gift cards,homemade bread,banana bread and so on. At least it kept him out of trouble! Had beautiful weather this weekend and Lily and I walked at the park both days. I am trying to do 4 miles between the park and treadmill to be sure I am ready for the 5k on Saturday. I will also spend some time on the bike today as well. On track with vitamins and fluids and here is the food plan: B 1/2 c steel cut oats with nuts and half a banana with peanut butter L 1/2 c leftover ground beef with peppers and onions and 1/2 c broccoli cauliflower mix D making corned beef for hubby but my pouch doesn't like it so I will have more philly cheese steak sloppy joes and 1/2 c cooked cabbage. Post op 30.5 months and weight at 119.8 today. Hope everyone has a great day full of wise choices!

JB1114
on 3/16/15 1:06 am - Grain Valley, MO

A backhoe for home use?  I don't know anyone that has one.  My husband loves working in the yard so he goes overboard with flowers, plants and gardening tools.  The weather in Kansas City has been great. 

Yesterday, my eating was so bad.  Slim Chicken just opened and my husband wanted to try it since they are a sponsor of his local hockey team.  The name is definitely a misnomer.  There is nothing slim about this place.  The food is delicious, but there is no healthy chicken on the menu.  The chicken is fried but was not greasy or heavily breaded.  I ate 2 chicken strips.  My pouch rebelled.  I wasn't sure I would make it home before it came back up but I did.  However, that meal served as a laxative.  I'm back on the wagon today.

B:  Click shake

S:  Almond Crunch bar

L:  Salad w/chicken, blue cheese crumbles, orange

S:  Greek yogurt w/blackberries

D:  Ground beef something

S:  ??

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

Dodgergirl27
on 3/16/15 1:29 am, edited 3/16/15 1:30 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Good Morning Everyone!

Sounds like everyone had a busy weekend, from which they now need to recover.  I had a friend in town and he wanted to do the quintessentiall "LA experience"....and for those that don't know, LA is kind of a pain in the ass to get around.  So lots of time spent in the car, in traffic.  Still, it was fun to spend time with him, but exhausting (the good news is, my steps were way up, so being a tour guide does have some upside).  Also, I found a new snack with pretty solid stats.  It was the cheese flavor Quinoa chips by 7 grain (I think it was grain, it was 7 something)...anyways they were like 110 cal, 12 carbs and 9 g protein for a pretty solid serving (24 crisps I think).  I'll bring in the exact name and stats tomorrow, but I thought I'd pass it along.  They were delicious.  

Time since surgery: 13.75 months

B - 2 string cheeses and vanilla skinny latte (my kuerig broke down this morning, and I could not go without coffee, so I stopped at Starbucks and caved on this little treat instead of just straight coffee....this is why I should avoid Starbucks at all cost :)

L - Turkey Carnitas

S - Cucumber slices and greek yogurt dip

D - Tofu salad with cucumber, bell peppers and tomatoes

W/V - On track

E - Spin class tonight

Have a great week everyone!

NYMom222
on 3/16/15 2:06 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I already got my exercise in! yeah! 55 minutes on the rebounder. My facebook motivation group is having a 'jump' into Monday challenge, so since I jump most days, I added 10 minutes to my usual 45 and did 20 jumping jacks. I just ordered this last night from QVC to help with my strength training. I own something similar once I bought on HSN, but I always thought it would be better if the resistance band just connected. I like that this is portable for travel, and it has the exercises right on it so you don't forget.

http://www.qvc.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay? partNumber=F11629&storeId=10251&TZ=EST&sc=F11660-24HR&langId =-1&catalogId=10151&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-1-_-F11660&catentry Image=http://images.qvc.com/is/image/f/60/f11660.001?$

B: Strawberry Coconut smoothie (2 Light in fit strawberry greek and Coconut Bai5 drink-stevia sweetened)

L: Costco Chicken Salad

S: Apple and Peanut Butter

D: Chicken stir fry. maybe a little brown rice.

S: ?? not sure

W: Yes      E: Done    V: yes

Today I need to do a lot of returning. I am out of control shopping. I have a wedding this weekend I was shopping for, and then I am going to my son's for a week. I wanted a bathing suit so we could go to the Y for community swim. Ugh. This body, esp. the boobage looks very weird in a suit. I have too much loose skin to shove into those bathing suit cups. I guess plus size had larger cups. SO I have a bathing suit bottom that works, am going to wear a bra (did buy a swim bra on clearance online, but it is a little small yet) and then bought one of those rashguard t-shirts at Old Navy this weekend. It was on sale 50% off so it was only $12.50. I will have to figure something else out as we get closer to summer.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active
Recent Topics