What's On Your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 3/16/15 10:13 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Good Morning and Happy St. Patrick's Day!  Who's wearing green today?  I'm Irish on my Dad's side (my hubs also on his dad's side) so we dig St. Paddy's.  Although, said husband has been listening to (and singing along with) a CD of Irish folk songs in the car for a month now and it's gettin' old.  If I hear Molly Malone or Black Velvet Band one more time, I'm taking a hostage.

Anyone planning any festivities today?  I know 3Bassetts is taking a half day and retiring to the pub for the afternoon, which sounds like the awesomest day ever.  I got my green sweater on and I believe I'll drink some green beer later.  To celebrate my heritage, doncha know.    I also have a recipe for Irish soda bread muffins from skinnytaste that I want to bust out later.  I love me some soda bread, but making these muffins is entirely dependent on the volume of green beer. 

Time since surgery:  8 months today!

B:  coffee and a Millville dark chocolate peanut butter protein bar

S:  Click Mocha

L:  Buffalo chicken salad and pork rind "crackers"

D:  Leftover cheesy cauliflower casserole (this was so good), black bean burger topped with an egg.  I'm not sure about this one.  I def. want the cauliflower but the rest of it I'm kind of meh about.  I'll figure it out.

TOTALS:  Cals:  866  Protein:  80  Carbs:  52  Fat:  44

Image result for funny irish proverbs

NurseGin
on 3/16/15 10:27 pm

Welp today looks glim but going at it. Have tons of homewrk to do n off wrk n a funeral tonight. I dont count calories or plan much anymore cuz after 13 yrs its my life n normal but in the plan def will be:

High protein coffee power pk plus a few cups of coffee

2 scrambled eggs n cheese

Greek yogurt

Chickn ceasar salad

Apple n protein bar

Pulled pork (no bread) n pot salad

A FEW GREEN BEERS (2)

I also will.walk on my treadmill for 50 mins, drink 6/8 jugs of lemon water n a diet.coke thru out the day.

This is a typical day when i.dont hve wrk or school.

Dodgergirl27
on 3/17/15 2:50 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Thanks for posting NurseGin!  I love seeing vets as far out from surgery as you posting their menu's!  It's great to get a look at what maintence looks like 13 years from now :)

mamata2
on 3/16/15 10:48 pm

Happy St. Patrick's Day!  For 35 years I did not know I had any Irish in me so St. Paddy's Day just sucked but we (my cousins and I) found out this past year that we DO have a bit in us!  YAY!  So I am happily celebrating this year :)  I am wearing a green sweater and dressed the kids up proudly.

The boy looks like he is crying but truthfully he just can't smile because he has mouth sores that just won't heal.  They are crusty and keep splitting open.  Anyone have any clue what these are?  We originally thought they were acne but 2 weeks later I don't think so.  I'm going to take him to urgent care tonight.  Anyway...

Time since surgery: 8 months

B: SF Latte and oats with dried cherries

S: Iced Click

L: Sugar Snap Peas and 1/2 Quest Bar

S: Small piece of a ****ty brownie

D: Chicken thigh and TJ's Peanut Satay Sauce

Post-workout: EAS Carb Control

W/V: Started

E: Bike and swim

Have a great day all!

AngryViking
on 3/16/15 11:13 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Great picture!  My son goes to catholic school, but they always get to dress down on St. Patrick's.  His t-shirt today says "Lucky and Charming".  LOL

And your poor son!  Are they like cold sores?  You could try lysine or abreva.  If you take him to the doc's they'll probably give him a scrip for an anti-viral.  One of my friends gets them every winter and that's what she uses.  

mamata2
on 3/16/15 11:24 pm

The sores aren't actually on his lips.  One is right below his nose (although not touching the lip) and the other is just left of his lower lip.  Are cold sores always on lips or can they be other places?  I have never had one so I don't know...  My daughter seems to be developing one now too.  Ugh...

AngryViking
on 3/16/15 11:30 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Yeah, they can be anywhere. 

Berryhoosier
on 3/16/15 10:50 pm
RNY on 12/17/14

Today is my 3 month surgiversary!  I'm so thankful for this surgery.  Over spring break I cleaned out my closet.  I donated five 30-gallon bags of clothes.  My closet is now laughable.  This morning I got up and couldn't find any green anywhere!  So I'm wearing a bead necklace that has a few green beads.  No celebrations today, but we have a Pot-Luck-o-the-Irish tomorrow night at church.  I'm going to make eggface's corned beef and cabbage bites and maybe some pistachio protein mini muffins.

I've been stalled for a month, and yesterday the scale started moving again slightly.  Whew!

B: 4 oz shrimp

S: strawberries and cheese

L: shrimp alfredo pasta with broccoli, cherry tomatoes

S: crunchy chickpeas

D: grilled chicken salad

S: 100 cal popcorn

EX: a walk if I can fit it in.  It's going to be a crazy couple of days.

water and vits: started

Have a great day everyone!

AngryViking
on 3/16/15 11:13 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Happy surgi-versary! 

mamata2
on 3/16/15 11:25 pm

Happy 3 month surgiversary!  Congrats on getting over the stall too!  Those are horrible!!

Most Active
Recent Topics