What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 3/18/15 10:12 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Good Morning, ladies!  It's c-c-c-c-cold out there!  Where is my spring weather?  I have a Yankee game to go to in three weeks and I don't want to be sitting in the stands wearing a parka.  I also hoped that I wouldn't have to buy any more fuel oil until the fall, but if it doesn't warm up soon I'm going to have to.

I have a busy day ahead, so my menu is incomplete.  I'm working OT and going straight from here to my son's science fair.  I won't be home until after 8 so my dinner is TBD.  That feels weird.  LOL

B:  1 c. milk, a coffee with half and half and half of a Premier Protein bar in dark chocolate mint.  I got a free sample in the mail yesterday and I'm excited to try it.

S:  Click Mocha

L:  The last of the Buffalo chicken salad w/ pork rind crackers. 

D:  ?

TOTALS (w/o dinner):  Cals:  704  Protein:  75  Carbs:  42  Fat:  28

NEXT!

mamata2
on 3/18/15 10:36 pm

LET THE MARCH MADNESS BEGIN!  OK, so I am super excited that Wisconsin is a #1 seed in the tourney but I love the college hoops tourney anyway.  I love filling out brackets, watching the upsets, and listening to the announcers flip flop their preferences depending on who is winning.  This weekend is one of my favorite weekends all year.  I never take off work but I do secretly have my browser on ESPN all day ;)  Anyone else love March Madness?

I am going to try HARD not to overindulge, yesterday I had an endless stomach.  I ended up 300 calories over goal and I did not exercise :(  I must do better today.  I brought more healthy food to work just in case.

Time since surgery: 8 1/2 months

B: SF Latte and Oats with Dried Cherries

S: Click Mocha (1/2 a Quest bar if I'm starving again)

L: Hard Boiled Egg, 1 oz of Cheddar cheese, Kay's Natural Honey Mustard Jalapeno Pretzels

S: 1/2 Quest Bar

D: Unknown

Post Work-out: EAS Carb Control Shake

W/V: Started

E: 1 hr on the Bike Trainer

Totals (without dinner): 875 Calories, 81 protein, 80 carbs, 33 fat

Have a great day all!

AngryViking
on 3/19/15 12:33 am
RNY on 07/17/14

I'm absolutely paying attention to the tourney!  Although, it's totally weird around these parts this year since Syracuse "excused" themselves from post-season play.  All these people dressed in orange with no team to root for.  LOL

Berryhoosier
on 3/18/15 10:51 pm, edited 3/18/15 10:51 pm
RNY on 12/17/14

Good morning.  I did well at my potluck last night.  I had 2 egg bites and 2 mini protein muffins that I brought and then I added a small piece of ham, a few bites of green beans and a few bites of salad.

Breakfast
Eggface - Beef and Broccoli Bites, 3 bite                
Eggface's - Banana Nut Protein Muffins, 2 muffin                
Lunch
Sara Lee - Blackforest Ham, 2 Oz                
Sargento Tastings - New Zealander Cheese - Grams, 27 grams                
Tomatoes* - Cherry - 0pp, 37.25 grams (1 cup)                
St Josephs - Flax, Oat Bran & Whole Wheat Pita Bread, 0.5 Pita                
Hellmans - Low Fat Mayo, 1 tbsp                
Dinner
Kroger - Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, 4 oz.                
Ken's - Lite Red Wine Vinaigrette (Foodservice), 1 tbsp                
Rothbury Farms - Fat Free Seasoned Croutons, 2 Tbs                
Dole - Spring Mix Lettuce, 85 grams                
Snack 1
Strawberries - Raw, 0.5 cup, halves                
Snack 2
Premier Nutrition - Protein - Protein Drink - Vanilla, 1 shake (11fl. oz.)                
Jello Sugar Free Pudding - Chocolate (Mix Only), 1/4 package                
Snack 3
Pop Secret 100 Calorie Kettle Corn - Popcorn, 1 snack size bag                

TOTAL: 916 calories, 92g protein

Exercise:  Zumba!

mschwab
on 3/19/15 1:51 am
RNY on 11/21/14

Yay Zumba!  I just had my 3rd class, and I love it.  I am a total dork, but I don't care even a tiny bit.  It is just so darned fun!

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

YEGgirl
on 3/19/15 1:31 am, edited 3/19/15 1:31 am - Edmonton, Canada

Good morning all!!

I find my daily menu is quite repetitive, it takes many more meals than before to go through a container of cottage cheese or a package of ground chicken.

Time of surgery: 3 weeks

B: Hard Boiled Egg

S: 1/2 Quest Bar

L: Ground Chicken (3.5 ounces) Lettuce Wrap with Sour Cream & Salsa

D: Not sure yet

S: 1/2 Cup 1% Cottage Cheese with Mandarin Slices

W/V: On it

Exercise: Walk with my dog

TOTALS (without supper): Cals: 550 Protein: 58.4 Carbs: 25.9 Fat: 25.1

AngryViking
on 3/19/15 1:40 am
RNY on 07/17/14

I hear you on the "food fatigue".  I'm eating the same lunch for the 3rd day in a row.

YEGgirl
on 3/19/15 1:53 am - Edmonton, Canada

I think I might start breaking up the packages of meat as soon as I bring them home. I have to get out of my old mindset when I go shopping. I caught myself grabbing a bunch of bananas the other day then I thought, stop you really only need one. All a learning curve :)

karenp8
on 3/19/15 4:32 am - Brighton, IL

I know what you mean! My hubby doesn't like leftovers so I end up eating the leftovers until they are gone! I think I have a weeks worth of cooked cabbage in my frig after St Patrick's Day!

Bubbles314
on 3/19/15 1:41 am - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Hi Everybody,

My it is cold here too and looks like snow on Friday.   Brrrrr

My menu is messed up/incomplete today too.  I have to have fasting labs done in about 30 minutes.  Then I can take my meds and eat a string cheese to help keep me going to run errands.

4 1/2 months since surgery

B  coffee black, water no flavor

L  TBD

D  boneless skinless chicken thigh, asparagus

S  string cheese light, not sure

V/W  will get it done

E  bike most likely,  the wind chills to the bone to cold to walk outside today

Have a good day

Most Active
Recent Topics