3 Month Check Up and Guess What??? STRICTURE!!!

C_Turner221
on 3/20/15 2:39 am
RNY on 12/22/14

Greetings! 

I have done an excellent job with my weight loss. They drew blood today to check my Vitamin D Deficiency. Then I explained what's been happening for the last two months... When I eat a more solid meat... I throw up. It feels like it has no where to go. As you all know from my previous posts, I have been battling meat for a minute. Come to find out all this time it's a stricture :(! I have an outpatient procedure on 24th of March to fix this. Uggh! Has anyone experienced this? I thought it was me vs. meat ! LOL! 

Help!

~Crystal T

Smile Life Looks Good on YOU!   Crystal    

Karen M.
on 3/20/15 3:17 am - Mississauga, Canada

Yes, I had a stricture when I was about 5 weeks post-op - it's not all that uncommon and easily fixed with a balloon dilation endoscopy.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

C_Turner221
on 3/22/15 11:41 pm
RNY on 12/22/14

Thanks for your post!

Yes.... I am scheduled for that procedure tomorrow at 7 AM! The doc said I should be able to eat meat next day.... I am like ooooooK! I am starting to turn into a rabbit with all these vegetables and fruit. Uggh. 

Karen M.
on 3/23/15 9:03 am - Mississauga, Canada

Honestly, it was such a relief to have it fixed. The constant puking was seriously interrupting my work day. lol

I'm sure you'll be just fine - easy fix.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

White Dove
on 3/20/15 5:33 am - Warren, OH

Throwing up in never normal and I am glad you are getting this fixed.  Two  months is a long time to not be able to eat solid meat.  It is a quick and simple procedure.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

C_Turner221
on 3/22/15 11:43 pm
RNY on 12/22/14

Yes I am so excited. Being so new to this life changing journey, I just thought it was an adjustment to my norm. I am so pleased to know that it's fixable. I was getting discouraged because I know my best way to protein it by way of meats, poultry, etc. Oh well. I cant wait until tomorrow!

Yay! 

crazy4birds
on 3/20/15 5:51 am
RNY on 12/02/14

I wonder if that is what I have.  I haven't had my 3 month post op yet.  Was supposed to go today and was resheduled to 4/3.  Glad you found this out now maybe you can have meat. :)

HW: 240   SW:  224   Goal:  130 

nicupnorth
on 3/20/15 8:30 am - Eagle river, WI

It's a breeze!  The hardest part is waiting to get the procedure,  I was a little sore afterwards,  ironically it felt great to eat again....(following your plan of course and not throwing up!)

C_Turner221
on 3/22/15 11:44 pm
RNY on 12/22/14

Thank you. I cant wait to eat meat !! I am like this cant be life ! LOL! Of course everything in moderation. I am excited. Thanks!

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 331 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 339 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 287 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 457 views