Calcium Citrate Ideas please

breck_fish13
on 3/18/15 12:03 am
RNY on 11/04/14

I could use some help please. I am looking for a different Calcium Citrate. I have been taking Bariatric Advantage sugar-free 500 mg soft chews but they cost over $30 for 90 chews and I take two a day. I would like to get a soft chew. I looked on Amazon and most of them are tablets. I am 4 1/2 months out. Any ideas would help please and thank you.

Chilipepper
on 3/18/15 12:47 am

Citrical. You get it at the store. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Chilipepper
on 3/18/15 12:48 am

I jumped the gun. You want a chew. Chews are a nice treat but they are loaded with carbs.  I hope you have been adding those carbs into your daily totals.  

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Pokemom
on 3/18/15 12:54 am
RNY on 12/29/14

For the first 2 mos after surgery, I used a liquid calcium citrate.  I think it was "lifetime"  brand.  I liked the lemon flavor.  

Now, I am able to swallow large pills again, so I am using the calcium citrate gel capsules by Twin Labs. I really prefer the simplicity of swallowing a capsule over chewing or pouring and measuring out the liquids.  I also like not worrying abut the sugar alcohols and extra carbs in the liquids and chewables.

NYMom222
on 3/18/15 1:06 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

CerealKiller Kat71
on 3/18/15 7:35 am
RNY on 12/31/13

These are delicious but it takes 3 of them a day to get the 1500 minimum required -- which is a whopping 120 calories and 24 grams of carbs!!

That said, I LOVE them -- they taste great.  I only get them once in a while and then, only use them a couple times a week 1x a day because of the calories/carbs.  

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

NYMom222
on 3/19/15 8:03 am
RNY on 07/23/14

True, I actually originally ordered them from Celebrate vitamins. I just couldn't take the consistency of the chewy ones in the beginning... remember how fickle things are in the beginning? :)

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

CerealKiller Kat71
on 3/18/15 7:40 am
RNY on 12/31/13

I use Celebrate brand -- and I loved their soft chews even more than Bariatric Advantage.  I order directly from them rather than Amazon, as it's a *****eaper, I have found.  However, I currently take the Celebrate Calcium 500 chewable tablets in Cherry rather than the soft chews (even though I love the soft chews) because they are both cheaper and lower in calories/carbs.  

You can order a sample pack for $3 via this link:  Celebrate Sample Pack  If you place an order after trying the samples, they give you a $3 promo code to reimburse you the cost of the samples.  

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

NHPOD9
on 3/18/15 7:45 am

If you are looking for a cheaper alternative to a tablet, have you looked at Upcal D? It is not a chew, but a powder you mix into drinks or food. 

~Jen
RNY, 8/1/2011
HW: 348          SW: 306          CW:-fighting regain
    GW: 140

He who endures, conquers. ~Persius

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/18/15 8:56 am - OH

I second the suggestion for Upcal D powder.  It doesn't completely dissolve, so you have to restriction as you drink, but it s very inexpensive.

Unfortunately, ALL of the calcium citrate chews are expensive. I use pills for two doses, the Upcal D for one dose if I have a morning hot chocolate, and a chew for one dose (or two on the days I don't use the Upcal D).

Also, you indicated that you were only taking two of the 500mg chews, but that is only 1000mg and the recommendation of the ASMBS is a minimum of 1500mg per day.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
Recent Topics