Iron Infusion Completed!

pghgirl
on 3/20/15 5:12 am

I had my first Iron Infusion today. It took about 5 1/2 hours overall to do it. It was painless but I wouldn't want to have another one. They gave me 975 MG of Iron. I go back on May 10th to see the Hematologist and they'll retest my Iron and Hemoglobin and if I'm in normal range then I should be scheduled for surgery!! I go see the Gyno in April to get the periods under control so my Iron would stay in the normal. When new information arises, I'll pass it along! :)

HW:325, SW:281, CW:250

SkinnyScientist
on 3/20/15 6:07 am

I used to be anemic when I was MO.

I supplemented and ate spinach like no ones business.

Interestingly, upon arriving at my goal/normal weight my issues with low iron resolved and my surgeon had to take me off my iron supplements because my free iron was too high. She literally called me and said  "You need to stop taking your iron supplements NOW!"

I hope it happens for you too!

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

pghgirl
on 3/20/15 1:36 pm

I hope my iron resolves. They said until I get the bleeding under control then it wouldn't get better. But, that's great about yours. I really hope mine does the same thing. Being Anemic sucks lol. I hate it. But, thanks for your comment, I appreciate it :)

HW:325, SW:281, CW:250

Pokemom
on 3/21/15 1:12 am
RNY on 12/29/14

I hope everything works out for you. I know it has been a frustrating experience. 

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 398 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 387 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 259 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 324 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 130 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?