What's On Your Monday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 4/5/15 10:50 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Good Morning all!  I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.  I survived my BIL's Easter dinner, even though we didn't sit down until 4:30 after being told dinner was at 2.  Like I said on Friday; he's got his own special timetable.  I also had far too many pieces of delicious chocolate, so I told my kid to keep his Easter baskets (yes, plural) in his room, outta my sight.  LOL

This coming weekend we're heading back down again.  This time we're doing the Bronx Zoo on Friday and going to the Yankees - Red Sox game on Saturday.  Go Mets!  LMAO  Nah, I love me some baseball, so I don't care who's playing, but one day I'll convince my hubs to go to a Met game instead.  I'm also hawking the weather like a crazy person, hoping for no rain in the boogie down this coming weekend.

Kristen's Question of the Day!  Do you have any fears or phobias?  I don't like birds.  At all.  I don't like little ones in cages and I don't like big ones flying around outside.  I especially don't like ducks or other birds that approach you thinking you might have (or make) a tasty snack.  My other BIL has a huge pond in his backyard and he has 3 swans.  They're nice enough to look at from inside the house, but if you walk down to the pond, the swans will swim over, get out of the water, and come right up to you.  My husband wanted to take a picture down by the water and when one of the swans sauntered up to us I almost passed out.  Matt's like "don't look right at him and he'll go away".  Uh huh.  Do you have any idea how BIG swans are?  So, what are you afraid of?  LOL

B:  coffee with milk and a Click Mocha

S:  golden delicious apple and a wedge of sharp cheddar

L:  Buffalo chicken salad, pork rind 'crackers' and a couple of celery sticks

D:  venison steaks on the grill, baby!  I may have a little au gratin potatoes and peas on the side, too

TOTALS:  Cals:  826  Protein:  87  Carbs:  64  Fat:  28

I also hate balloons.  NEXT!

karenp8
on 4/5/15 11:27 pm - Brighton, IL

I am scared of birds too and big spiders. I about died when my son had two tarantulas as pets. However I did learn a lot about them that was interesting but I am still scared of them! Stayed on plan pretty well this weekend but was lazy on the exercise front. Got to kick that up today. Will do at least two miles at the park,two on the treadmill and 20 minutes on the bike. Weight at 118.2 today and on track with vitamins and fluids too. Here's the food plan: B 1/2 c steel cut oats with nuts and half a banana with peanut butter L 31/2 oz baked cod with Greek yogurt D meatballs with a bit of spaghetti sauce and 1/2 c sweet potatoes S Greek yogurt with granola. Have a great Monday everyone!

pwoo10
on 4/5/15 11:56 pm - IN
RNY on 06/06/12

The older I get the less fears I have.  I used to be scared of snakes and spiders now they are what they are and I just walk around them (or kill them if they find their way in my house lol).  

B: Greek Yogurt (Found some delicious Whips)

S: Hard boiled egg (don't we all have them from yesterday)

L: Fiber One Wrap, Laughing Cow Cheese, and Turkey Breast

Carrots and sour cream dip I made

S #2:  Cheese Stick

D: White Bean and Chicken Chili and crackers

Total: Cals: 1100 Protein 82 Carbs: 72 Fat 21

Emiepie
on 4/6/15 12:06 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning!

Finally opening day is here-I saw a funny picture on facebook this morning that if your response to opening day is "for what" then we can't be friends.LOL

I am afraid of spiders and snakes. I know they have a purpose but I don't them anywhere near me.

Time since surgery: 7 1/2 months

B: Soy latte, Eggbeaters, cheese, spinach and broccoli scramble, some strawberries, blueberries and a clementine.

L: Quest strawberry cheesecake bar and string cheese or handful of trail mix

S: L&F Strawberry yogurt with chia seeds and a tad granola

D: Trader Joes pizza veggie burger, small salad, string cheese

S: Thin Addictives Cinnamon raisin almond thins with a light swiss laughing cow wedge

Vitamins: Will start with breakfast

W: started

E: 1/2 hour stationary stepper

Totals: Cals : 998 Protein: 79 Carbs: 107 Fat:35 

Have a great Monday!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

AngryViking
on 4/6/15 12:09 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Finally opening day is here-I saw a funny picture on facebook this morning that if your response to opening day is "for what" then we can't be friends.

Accurate.  LOL

Emiepie
on 4/6/15 12:07 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I found the salted caramel light and fit at Walmart :)

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Berryhoosier
on 4/6/15 12:20 am
RNY on 12/17/14

I could by no means be in the same room with a tarantula.  Or the same house!  In fact, when I lived in Brazil I killed a tarantula by pouring rubbing alcohol on it and lighting a match.  (I don't recommend that method!)  Anyway,  my phobia is spiders.  Crabs even creep me out a little, even though they are delicious!

I blew it food wise yesterday.  I just plain ate too much.  I didn't really have any consequences (physically****il this morning.  My pouch is angry.  I feel a big lump high up in my pouch.  I'm actually thankful that I didn't get by with that nonsense.  And it's helping me be on track.  Couldn't get anything but a protein shake down this morning.

B: premier chocolate shake

L: Greek yogurt (if I still have an angry pouch) - or steak with veggies and quinoa

S: ? sf popsicle or Yasso yogurt

D: taco soup or another premier shake.  Depends on the pouch

Tonight I'm going to the WLS support group.  I've missed it every other month this year.  Seems like lots of things happen on Monday nights.  I'm not missing it today.  I need it!

EX: 30 min weight training and 30 min elliptical machine

Water and vits - started. 

mamata2
on 4/6/15 12:25 am

That sounds like a glorious way to kill a spider!!  LOL!

mamata2
on 4/6/15 12:23 am

OMG!  Today is the best day ever!!  The University of Wisconsin Badgers are in the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP game tonight!!  I need to be pinched!  I still can't believe we beat Kentucky!  If you are not a Duke fan please consider rooting for UW tonight, they are a great bunch of kids!  Just wear something red and yell loudly!!  Sorry if I'm obnoxious, they are my alma mater and we live in Madison!  No matter if they win or lose tonight I am still extremely proud of them.

Easter was good.  Too much candy and slightly hungover from the game on Saturday night.  After 4 hrs on the car sandwiched between my redneck family I went to bed at 6pm.  It was amazing.

Fears:  bugs and spiders, tornados.  Both irrational fears from my childhood.  Oh well...

Time since surgery: 9 months

B: SF latte and oats with cherries

S: Coffee and 1/2 Quest Bar

L: Summer sausage, white bean dip and a couple of pita chips

S: Kay's Natural Cinnamon twists

Post workout: EAS Carb Control Shake

D: Likely pizza ordered in for the game after son's lacrosse practice

W/V: Started

E: 3 mile run followed by 17 miles on the bike (training in full effect)

Have a great day all and GO BADGERS!!

AngryViking
on 4/6/15 12:52 am
RNY on 07/17/14

We had the game on at my other BIL's house on Saturday night and I was thinking about you and how you were probably losing your ****  LOL   Go Badgers, indeed!

Most Active
Recent Topics