protein shake recipes

brandycain
on 4/20/15 6:12 am

I'm now on phase three and can have protein shakes.  What do you put in them to make a shake.  I am doing them as drinks with crystal light.  But,  I think a thicker type shake will help me with my hunger.  I talked to my nut and she said to make my purees thicker.  She suggested adding peanut butter.  I hate peanut butter.  Any other ideas?  Tia

-Brandy- 

Surgery April 7th 2015.

(deactivated member)
on 4/20/15 6:16 am

I wouldn't use peanut butter. It is really high in fat and sugar. I buy Syntrax Necter. I like the vanilla shakes I will add sugar-free syrups to them.

Laura in Texas
on 4/20/15 6:31 am, edited 4/20/15 6:31 am

Nikki has a lot of good recipes on her blog. HERE is the link.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Eggface
on 4/20/15 7:57 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

brandycain
on 4/20/15 8:23 am

Thank you Thank you both! 

-Brandy- 

Surgery April 7th 2015.

rocky513
on 4/20/15 8:38 am - WI

If you have a Nutri Bullet or a really good blender you can make the shakes using mostly ice and a little milk or water.  I add coffee crystals to chocolate protein powder and a packet of stevia.  Blend it until the ice is crushed ( you may need to add a little more water to smooth it out).  It comes out the consistency of a Wendy's Frosty.   I eat it with a spoon.  It takes longer to eat and fakes out your head hunger.  You might have problems with thicker shakes making you nauseated.  Be sure to go slow with them.  It should take you 30 minutes to get a thick shake down.

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

brandycain
on 4/20/15 8:57 am

Thank you. I do have a ninja and I'm hoping a shake will satisfy my head hunger.  I havnt felt nausea since the 2nd day after surgery.  I was told to use fat free milk but it has 9g of sugar!  Yikes

-Brandy- 

Surgery April 7th 2015.

Chilipepper
on 4/20/15 9:04 am

Get some unsweetened almond milk. 

Diamond makes it. Same people that makes the smokehouse almonds. It's next to the milk in the fridge case. Milk might make you dump. I can't drink milk. I can use a little half and half in my coffee though. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

auntmimi
on 4/21/15 2:05 am

I use unsweetend almond milk with mine. I add different fruit (but Im much farther out than you). Have you tried PB2 products? I despise the taste of PB but they have a chocolate flavor that a small amount takes away from the "ho-hums" of shakes. Also, Torani products are awesome! Check out their website. 

brandycain
on 4/21/15 2:23 am

Awesome. Thank you all. 

-Brandy- 

Surgery April 7th 2015.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 488 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 381 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 373 views