What's On Your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 4/20/15 10:24 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Hey all!  I hope this rainy Tuesday morning finds you well and rested.  I am well, but not rested; my back is killing me.  I need a new mattress like yesterday.  Aren't you supposed to replace your mattress every 10 years or something like that?  I think I'm like 20 years overdue.  LOL  Does anyone have one of those fancy mattresses, like the sleep number or something?  I need recommendations!

I also need to go grocery shopping.  Not only are my cupboards bare like Mother Hubbard, but I'm having a little menu fatigue right now.  I feel like I'm eating the same **** every week and it's getting boring.  I know we do this periodically, but what was the best thing you ate last week?  It can be anything.  Inspire me!  I think my favorite was a turkey cheese sandwich on Sara Lee delightful wheat toast spread with a Laughing Cow wedge.  That's kind of sad.  HA!

B:  coffee and a Special K strawberry protein bar.  This is a little higher in carbs than I usually go for, but someone gave it to me and since it's not yogurt (see above re:  menu fatigue), I'm eating it. 

S:  Click Mocha.  Oh Click, don't ever change.

L:  Leftover venison chili from last night and a square of polenta.  I usually make biscuits or whatever with chili, but all I had was instant polenta.  After it set up, I cut it into squares and crisped them up in the frying pan.  It was a hit!

D:  The guys will have chili dogs, I'm sure, so I'll go with my old standby:  Morningstar Farms spicy black bean burger with a slice of cheese and an egg.  *yawn*

TOTALS:  Cals:  869  Protein:  71  Carbs:  90  Fat:  29

Ugh, that carb number is taunting me.  Whatevs, at least I have a decent amount of fiber in the menu.

Have a wonderful day!

mamata2
on 4/20/15 10:53 pm

AV, I'm sorry your back is killing you.  We bought a gel/foam mattress from Costco 2 years ago and I would never go back to a regular mattress,  The first few nights it seems like you'll never get comfortable but after that it is heaven.  My husband's back has been better and even his snoring has gotten better.

My favorite thing I ate last week was a chicken breast with hummus from Starbucks.  I could totally do this on my own and plan to as soon as I can get to the store (we are bare too).  I also need to get back to Trader Joe's because they have so much that is WLS friendly.  My carb counts have been sky high lately but I don't think the cookies, candies and pastries are helping that.  I know I need reign in my eating and I'm planning to do that today.

Time since surgery: 9 months

B: Coffee and Oats with dried cherries

S: String Cheese

L: Going out with new co-workers but I plan to be very good

S: String cheese and Kay's Natural Jalapeno Honey Musturd Pretzels

D: Black bean noodles with skinny alfredo

Post workout: EAS Carb Control Shake

Totals (without lunch): Calories 644, Protein 64, Carbs 55, Fat 21

Have a great day all!

melissasue1982
on 4/20/15 11:08 pm
RNY on 04/06/15

This rain is cramping my style! LOL  I want to get out and walk after being chained to my desk all day at work!!  UGH  I am NOT one to get eating advise from....last week I was still on liquids!  Sooooo yeah, no help ;)

B: 2 mozzarella cheese sticks with prosciutto, there were some pieces of prosciutto that I had to chew and then spit out.  But I was pleased with this breakfast!  Ahhh the simple things after being on a liquid diet

L: 1/8 cup fat free refried beans, just a pinch of light mexican shredded cheese and 1/2 oz ground 93% lean beef

S: Syntrax Vanilla Bean Torte powder with 1 cup 1% milk

D: 1/4 cup egg salad made with 0% plain greek yogurt

S: 1/2 scoop Syntrax Vanilla Bean powder, 1/2 cup 1% milk

Totals: Cals 643  Protein: 73  Carbs: 28  Fat: 23

This is the MOST calories I have eaten yet!!  Seems high to me, BUT the breakfast was NOT reduced calorie cheese and prosciutto well that isnt light either......

I am supposed to be trying to eat 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup this stage.  I have never gotten over 1/3rd of a cup yet.  It will come I know, no rush!  I don't want to chance getting sick, since I can't feel when I am full yet

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

karenp8
on 4/21/15 1:52 am - Brighton, IL

How did the fish go last night? I found that it took me time to get to the serving size they wanted me at too. But enjoy it because you get there and then there will be times in maintenance where you will feel like a bottomless pit. I have little and big pouch days now at about three years out. Some days I easily eat my cup of food and could probably eat more and other days I can't eat the measured out amount. And yes when at home I still measure my food every time and record it all! I WILL be successful at keeping my weight off!

LyL

melissasue1982
on 4/21/15 1:56 am
RNY on 04/06/15

The haddock was amazing!!  Loved it so much!!  YUMMY :) 

I do realize that I am lucky right now ;)  I love not feeling hungry and really don't feel the need to push myself with bigger portions.  I know that will come on its own, in time!

lcraver
on 4/21/15 2:16 am - Knightdale, NC
RNY on 03/02/15

Hey, Melissa... I am just at 7 weeks out and I have a very hard time getting 3 oz. of dense protein in at one time. I can get a whole yogurt in but that is the only thing I can eat over 3 ozs.  I had a protein shake this morning with a Premier Protein (11 oz) , 1 oz of dry SF FF chocolate pudding mix and a little ice and I could just drink 1/2 of it. So, be easy on yourself! You're going great.

Highest weight - 440 lbs, Surgery weight - 395 lbs, Current weight - 291 lbs.

melissasue1982
on 4/21/15 2:40 am
RNY on 04/06/15

At this point, I don't feel like the protein shakes go down any different then water.  Should I get full from a protein shake?  Just wondering :)

karenp8
on 4/21/15 2:57 am - Brighton, IL

Once swelling is down,protein shakes will probably not keep you feeling full. Since they are liquid they basically go right through your pouch like water through a funnel.

melissasue1982
on 4/21/15 3:02 am
RNY on 04/06/15

They don't make me feel full now, never have.  Of course nothing makes me feel full now.....since I am only 15 days post op.  I also no NOT pu**** most I have tried to eat is 1/3 cup cottage cheese.  haha

NYMom222
on 4/21/15 6:24 am
RNY on 07/23/14

You are still early out some things like yogurt you might get 1/2 -3/4c but on other things it makes sense you can't get as much. Don't sweat it, keep on moving forward.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 479 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 402 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 391 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 340 views