What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

melissasue1982
on 4/23/15 12:03 am
RNY on 04/06/15

Yeah I am repulsed by anything sweet right now!  I drink my one protein drink a day as quickly as I can...yuck! lol

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

AnnyBananny
on 4/22/15 10:48 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Oh! I totally love Baby Lips ALSO! I always wore some make up, but stepping up my game was also part of my new wardrobe, etc for my new job. I'm in love with the "air brush" Sephora foundation I ended up with. I think that's what it's called... It's a spray, which at first I was intimidated by, but you just spray it on your makeup sponge and bounce it on - love. I have freckles and don't like to cover them up entirely - so this nicely evens out my skin tone but doesn't hide the freckles!

I tried a new class at the gym this morning and it was...not my favorite. It was a good work out - but it wasn't what I was looking for at all. It was called "Interval Training" but really was just a plan old aerobic class. But I'll probably end up going back because it is at the perfect time for my new schedule so...

It's book club night so my menu is not well planned after 4pm

Time since surgery: 13 months

B: breakfast sandwich and coffee with creamer

S: Chobani Flip

L: cottage cheese double, string cheese, granola thin

S: Babybel Light and .5oz almonds

TOTALS (thus far): Calories 800, Protein 48, Carbs 72, Fat 38

V/W: started

E: Interval class

I think 600 calories left for the day should buy me a decent dinner and a snack at book club, right? Hell yes! I remember when I practically was living on 600 calories LOL, but then I think to myself "HOW?!"

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

AngryViking
on 4/23/15 1:10 am
RNY on 07/17/14

I love Sephora, but I am cheap.  LOL  I usually go browse and then see if I can find a drug store equivalent.

karenp8
on 4/22/15 11:16 pm - Brighton, IL

Sunny but cool here in Illinois today with predictions of rain tomorrow. I have food pantry this morning so it will be after lunch before Lily and I get to the park but we will get there. She loves her walks as much as I do! I will also do 2.5 more on the treadmill and 25 minutes on the bike at some point. Today I have to finish weeding in the garden too so it will be a busy day for sure. Weight today is 120. On track with vitamins and fluids. Here's the food plan: B 1/2 c steel cut oats with nuts and half a banana with peanut butter L 31/2 oz ground sirloin and Greek yogurt D 31/2 oz shrimp with hummus and pepper strips S key lime Greek yogurt with granola. I am loving the key lime light and fit yogurt! Hope everybody has an asmnazing day full of great choices!

Dcgirl
on 4/22/15 11:42 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Good morning, everyone!  I love your topics, Kristen!  I adore pretty much everything from Sephora.  My new faves are my perfume, Gucci Guilty, and Stila eyeshadow in Kitten.  I bru**** under my eyebrows and it lightens my whole face.  I also LOVE my daily moisturizer with 30 SPF.  I had skin cancer a few years ago and now I am psychotic about being a warning to all of you who sun worship lol.  Not that you are sun-worshipping in snowy Syracuse (ouch - snow in late April?!).  It's cold here in DC too but I walked to the gym and back, and did the Arc Trainer for an hour, so I am already over 10,000 steps for the day.  It's so nice to be back to a routine!

B: I haven't made this in a while but I love it - take 3 slices (2 oz) of Boar's Head deli turkey and put it in a small frying pan and warm it through on both sides.  Take it out and put it on a place.  Then take a slice of pepperjack cheese and put it directly on the hot pan.  Let it sit and bubble until it forms a crust.  Put the turkey on top and fold it in half.  A crusty cheesy turkey delight!

L: More turkey, and some crisp bell peppers dipped in Trader Joe's jalapeño greek yogurt dip

S: 1/2 gala apple with peanut butter, Mr. O's cheese crisps from Amazon

D: Phillips crab cake

S: TBD

E: One hour on the elliptical and tonight I am going for a walk with a friend.  I am trying to stay social while planning activities as opposed to happy hours/dinners.  My friends are very amenable to this :)

Totals are gonna be around 1,500 calories or so.  I always get about 80 g of protein a day.  Have a wonderful day and stay warm and dry - sounds like there are some crazy storms out there, not to mention this east coast cold front.

Have a great day, everyone!

AngryViking
on 4/23/15 2:32 am
RNY on 07/17/14

What moisturizer do you use?  I've been through a lot of them, but I keep coming back to the Garnier one.  I think that one is SPF 15, but I'm all about bumping that up.

Dcgirl
on 4/23/15 3:35 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I use Eucerin daily protection and it's super lightweight!  The front of the white bottle shows a five point scale from lightweight to rich, and it's second from left.  I don't like smearing thick grease on my face and it's the perfect consistency!

Nurseihs
on 4/23/15 12:04 am - Latrobe, PA

Good morning! It snowed here all day yesterday and today it's windy and cold but no snow on the ground! I love all make u and creams and perfumes! I have so much I could open a store and not run out of products for years! Makes my husband crazy! I'm 9 weeks out from RNY but since surgery have only lost 24 pounds! I try to stay off the scale and weight every other week. Imagine my surprise when I got on the scale this week and had gained 3 pounds! So up setting and frustrating! I don't understand at all.

here's my eats: breakfast protein cream of chicken soup, one cup protein hot chocolate. 

Lunch: nothing I will be sleeping (I work nights)

Dinner: chicken patty with cheese 2oz

snack at work: nectar protein - grapefruit

second snack at work: protein strawberry creme made with water

Cal. 577, carbs. 12, protein 98, fats 15.

most vitamins are in and water started I usually get 80oz in. I go to Jazzercize class (1hour long) daily. Exercise already in. Can anyone see why I gained or haven't lost much? Thank you in advance.

Emiepie
on 4/23/15 12:11 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good morning and happy Thursday. Snow-that's crazy! We didn't get any of the rain we had hoped for but maybe this afternoon.  I registered for a 1/2 marathon that is taking place in November-not sure how much of it I will jog as we are doing it as a group but it's only 13.1 miles :)

I LOVE the EOS lip balms and always have to have one with me. My fav at the moment is the coconut milk.

Time since surgery: 8 months

B: SF Latte, egg beater scramble with cheese and spinach, and some fruit.

S: Cranberry and almond Thin addictives with a light laughing cow cheese wedge

L: S'mores quest bar and 1/2 banana

S: L&F Greek strawberry yogurt with a handful of granola

D: Flat out pizza square and a small salad. Coconut flour PB cookie.

E: Gym day-1 hour cardio

V/W: on Track

Totals: Cals: 1074 Protein:82 Carbs:108 Fat:42

Have a great day!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

mamata2
on 4/23/15 12:41 am

Good morning!  My new job has a ton of meetings which is totally cutting into my OH post time!  LOL!  I don't wear a lot of makeup but my fav is Clinique's Acne Clear foundation (Father Time is an asshole who has decided I deserve wrinkles and acne at 36) and Stila Waterproof eyeliner.  I love the idea of makeup but feel like a clown putting it on.  I just never feel comfortable.

Time since surgery: 9 months

B: SF Latte and thin addictives pistashio cookies

S: 1/2 cuban sandwich leftover (should have been my breakfast but meeting prevented me)

L: Chicken breast and spinach salad

S: string cheese

D: Soup 

Post workout: EAS Carb Control Shake

S: Skinny Cow Snickerdoodle Ice Cream Sandwich (the #s are awesome but they rock)

W/V: Started

E: 3600m swim (longest yet!)

Have a great day all!

Most Active
Recent Topics