What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 4/23/15 1:08 am
RNY on 07/17/14

OMG, Cuban sandwich.  *drool*  I haven't had one of those in ages!

Dcgirl
on 4/23/15 1:52 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Your post CRACKED ME UP - "Father Time is an asshole" totally applies to me too - I have adult acne for reals.  I mean, I didn't break out at age 15 when everyone was all zitty...nope, I break out NOW at age 37. It's so annoying.  It's hormonal but still.  I like to think it makes me look youthful (?) - eh, we will tell ourselves anything, won't we?  Thanks for the actual belly laugh!

Dodgergirl27
on 4/23/15 2:12 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Good Morning All,

Oh my god, this might be my favorite discussion topic of all time, lol!  I love products...all products and I am constantly buying new stuff.  What's funny is, I have all this stuff, but I wear the exact same "makeup" every day (concealer, light bronzer, mascara).  It's a pretty simple routine, but if I ever decide to go all out, I have everything under the sun to use, lol.  I'm pretty into skin care products and sunscreen as well though, so that's where I spend the most money.  That being said, my favorite thing I'm using currently is this sorta lipstick from Lipstick Queen called Frog Prince. It's green, but it goes on this rose color and it looks different on everyone b/c it adjust to your PH.  It's also not really a lipstick but more like a colored chap stick and is super moisturizing.  It's my fun spring make up item and I'm actually wearing it almost every day (but after coffee it's worn off and I'm not a reapplier so it's basically on for like 10 min each morning :)

Time since surgery: 15 months

B - Sommersaults and string cheese

L - TBD (I think I might be eating out of my desk drawer today, so more string cheese and beef jerky most likely)

D - I'm hosting book club and it's middle eastern food (since we read 1000 Splendid Suns, a good but sad book).  So hummus and veggies for me and then I bought a bunch of cookies and flat breads for everyone else....

W/V - On track

E - None planned but walking

Have a great day everyone!

AngryViking
on 4/23/15 2:30 am
RNY on 07/17/14

I wear the same stuff every day too!  It doesn't stop me from buying **** though.  Like this Frog Prince lipstick you speak of...

Dodgergirl27
on 4/23/15 2:41 am
RNY on 01/22/14

I think it's so cool, I made my mom try it on too and it looked different on her (it was more pinky, but it looked good on her b/c she has a dark skin tone than me)...also I like it b/c it leave just a hint of a stain, so even though it wears off quick a little color is left behind for awhile :)

lcraver
on 4/23/15 3:21 am - Knightdale, NC
RNY on 03/02/15

No snow in sunny NC! But I feel ya! I grew up in PA and used to miss snow when I 1st moved to NC but, now that I am older, I can do without it!

I am going to go get some Baby Lips! Sounds like what I need (want). Anyway, my favorite makeup has always been mascara and eyeliner... I love doing my eyes (draws attention away from my stomach...lol). I have used waterproof Great Lashes forever until my son's gf turned me on to Loreal Volumious mascara... no****erproof. And I have notice that my eyelashes look healthier... does that make sense??

Anyway, my menu got screwed again yesterday. I work at Wake County in NC and am changing positions (yes, daytime hours and a nice raise) and my office had a luncheon for me! And since they all know and support my WLS, they had lots of protein and salad... very little desserts so I wasn't tempted. They are a great group and I will miss them! New job starts Monday.

So, my hopeful menu today is:

B: Tea (so good with 2 tablespoons of Torani SF Vanilla syrup), 1 oz deli ham and 1/3 cherry greek yogurt left from yesterday.

L: Starkist Tuna Salad pouch with Snack Factory mini pretzel crisps (10 1/2)

D: 3 oz K & W hamburger patty (that I didn't eat yesterday), 1/4 cup of cucumbers and a little 3 cheese ranch dressing

S: Protein drink: 1/2 scoop About Time Birthday Cake protein, 1/4 cup of strawberries, 1/2 cup whole milk (all that is in the house)... I am so sick of protein drinks!!

Totals:  Calories - 689, Protein - 63, Carbs - 32

I just ordered some samples of Genepro protein. I am hoping this will help me boost my protein intake.

Highest weight - 440 lbs, Surgery weight - 395 lbs, Current weight - 291 lbs.

mamata2
on 4/23/15 3:56 am

Congrats on the new job!  How is the About Time Birthday Cake protein?  Is it a powder or RTD?

lcraver
on 4/24/15 2:02 am - Knightdale, NC
RNY on 03/02/15

Thanks! And, the About Time protein is okay. I was one of those people who used alot of protein to get down before surgery and I loved it prior to surgery and now it's a little too artificial tasting to me now. That's why I mix stuff with it. But, I have yet to find a protein that I really like since surgery... still searching.

Highest weight - 440 lbs, Surgery weight - 395 lbs, Current weight - 291 lbs.

Bubbles314
on 4/23/15 3:51 am - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Hi Everybody

It is also snowing in Michigan again, it is not sticking though.  Just enough to be cold, and mess up your windshield and glasses if your walking,  the wind is making it pretty chilly.  Oh, where's the sun ?

I don't wear a lot of makeup.  But when I do I wear mascara, foundation.  I am going to look for that Queen lipstick.  I ordered some Bareminerals and now I need to use it.  Funny but at 341 pounds I didn't feel the need for makeup.  Now I want to wear a little.  You guys had lots of ideas for me.

6 1/2 months since WLS

B  ham, cheese, and egg bake, coffee

L  1.5 sl of Sara lee light wheat bread with peanut butter

D  turkey chili, from the freezer last container and since its cold here.  I have to wear a sweat shirt to stay warm.

S  I didn't add any but I will probably have a couple with protein

Cal  663, Prot  50,  Carbs  46

W/V  started

E  already rode the bike for 45 minutes, may do another later if I am not over 10,000 steps

Have a great day

AngryViking
on 4/23/15 4:33 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Yes to the bareMinerals foundation powder.  It's my favorite!

Most Active
Recent Topics