My first NSV!!

stevie95678
on 5/1/15 7:12 am

I work for a law firm and everyone here LOVES to eat and drink (emphasis on drink).  Today, to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, we had a Cinco de Uno pot luck.  I've been back to work one week and am 23 days out from my RNY so I was seriously sweating what I'd be able to eat for lunch today.  I made this wonderful Black bean, corn and avocado salsa (56 cals per 1/4 cup) from a recipe that I found online at Skinnymom.com.  I brought some shredded stewed chicken from home as a fall back in case there wasn't anything that I could eat.  Happily, one of my co-workers made crockpot shredded pork carnitas (OMG - so moist and yummy).  I had a not quite 2 oz and 1/4 cup of my black bean salsa (which I couldn't finish).  I didn't feel left out or look like a weirdo eating my usual homemade lunch and I had a great time.  Oh, and I wore a dress that I haven't been able to wear in over a year and got lots of complements on my weight loss.  Yippie!

Terrycapp
on 5/1/15 8:00 am

Wow great going, you were prepared and able to wear something that you couldn't before.  What a win/win!!!

Terry  GBS RNY 04/04/2013

SkinnyScientist
on 5/1/15 8:38 am

First, congrats on wearing that dress.

But I am MOST PROUD of you for figuring out a way to stick to your plan and not fall into any pitfalls or get derailed. You said it yourself, you found a way to LOOK like you were taking part without being a "weirdo."

And by the way, have you ever watched a naturally "skinny person" eat. Some of them are truly weirdos. Like they think some things taste better than others and will totally deconstruct a sandwich to eat only the parts they like.

I am really proud of you.

I hope to see you back in the Loser's ring soon!

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

christinerocks
on 5/1/15 1:00 pm - AZ
RNY on 04/06/15

I dunno, that seems like two, three, maybe four NSV's! 

Great work, surgery twin! I'm back to work - starting a brand new job, actually - on Monday.  I too am preparing but you, my dear, did an amazing job.  Congrats on everything! 

________

137 pounds lost - from a 24/26W to a size 8/10!

Most Active
Recent Topics