Call from hospital for last minute instruction for Mondays surgery

jackieboy331
on 5/1/15 6:51 am
RNY on 05/04/15

Hi all. I just got a call from the hospital. They gave me the time to be there with all my last minute instructions. It hit me like a ton of bricks. I'm excited and scared. I hope all goes well and I adapt well to my recovery and new life. I couldn't do it without all your encouragement. Thanks to all who have responded to all my inquiries.

stevie95678
on 5/1/15 7:18 am

You'll do great!  I'm 28 days out from my RNY and I've been back to work since Monday.  I work for a law firm so I sit at my desk most of the day.  I have to tell you, I was nervous especially hearing all the horror stories about what could, couldn't and might happen. Yes there was some pain afterwards (thank goodness for pain med goddesses!). My suggestion would be to walk as soon as you are able. I was on a bariatric surgical floor and it looked like night of the living dead with all of us WLS patients wheeling our IV monitors around with screwed up hair and those LOVELY gowns!  Take it slow, be kind to yourself and let yourself heal, and by all means, sip, sip, sip your water. You'll be on the other side soon and feeling great. Cheers!

selhard
on 5/1/15 7:33 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

I didn't find this website until after WLS and I made it through just fine.  Soooooo, that means you'll do even way better :)  

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 324 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 334 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 286 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 455 views