Almost regretting the surgery

SkinnyScientist
on 5/6/15 6:40 am

First-Dont regret the surgery. You are actually in teh PHYSICALLY toughest phase right now. The mentally toughest comes later. But it is likely this "as bad as it is going to be" for you recovery wise.

The anesthesia sometimes "locks up"/freezes your muscles. I couldnt urinate for about a day after my back surgery.  When it came to RNY, it took several hours and SEVERAL tries "after" I woke up to be able to pee. Normally, to pee, one just relaxes right?  Well, after these surgeries I decidedly had to "push" to get the pee out because "relaxing" just wasnt cutting it.

I am not sure if men "feel" urination differently or not.

Good luck. Hang in there.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

melissasue1982
on 5/6/15 6:59 am
RNY on 04/06/15

I had this problem after surgery!  They didn't re-cath me, but they gave me so many hours to start producing!  I ran the sink water when I went in and tried and it seemed to help!

Good luck

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

White Dove
on 5/6/15 7:00 am - Warren, OH

While sitting on the toilet hold your hand under the water faucet and run cold water over your wrist.  It will make you pee.  If you can't reach the faucet from the toilet you could take some ice cold water and a container and do it that way.  Once you get your bladder moving it will be easy again.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Eggface
on 5/6/15 7:08 am - Sunny Southern, CA

I always come out of surgeries 10 pounds heavier (it's temporary) umm both #1 & #2 takes awhile to start back to normal again... walking helps me get things flowing & going again ;)

Speedy healing!

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 347 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 233 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 340 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 270 views