What's on Your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 5/6/15 5:20 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Good Morning menu folks!  Well, we got our queens yesterday for the new bee boxes; we're up to 8 hives this year!  We're really hoping that they all produce honey; sometimes the nucs don't produce the first season.  *fingers crossed*  I'm also hoping that my husband does what he says he's going to do and builds a honey shack so we don't have to harvest in my tiny kitchen.  Again.  That was a nightmare last year; we almost killed each other.  LOL

I'm pleased with the menu today and I hope I can stick to it.  I have a terrible habit of not eating what I've planned for dinner.  Sometimes that works out OK and sometimes not so much.  Need more discipline!  I also need a water bottle with a filter in it.  Anny, report back on your bottle!  Maybe that's what I'll tell Matt I want for Mother's Day.  That and a chaise lounge for my deck.  I want to live a life of leisure.

Time since surgery:  almost 10 months

B:  coffee and a Yoplait Greek 100 in blueberry

S:  Click Mocha!  I've missed you, Click. 

L:  Cranberry feta chicken salad with pork rind crackers and a cheese stick.  I had feta I needed to use so I made this instead of my usual Buffalo version.  We'll see...

D:  Egg salad on rosemary parmesan cheese crisps with a chickpea salad thing on the side.  This sounds so good to me right now and I really hope this happens and I don't change my mind at the last minute.

E:  My son has baseball practice so I'm going to walk the 2 mile parking lot route I mapped out a couple of weeks ago.  I know, you guys are shocked I actually have exercise planned.  It's OK.  LOL

TOTALS:  Cals:  851  Protein:  76  Carbs:  43  Fat:  41

NEXT!

mamata2
on 5/6/15 5:49 am

Good morning all!  Kristen your bee keeping sounds fascinating!  Do you ship your honey?  We are big honey fans in my household.  Life of leisure, LOL!  A chaise lounge sounds amazing (but only if its next to a tropical beach with the waves rolling in). It is supposed to be 80 here today so maybe I'll go home and pretend I'm in Jamaica.

Time since surgery: 10 months

B: AF Latte and Dunkin' Wake-up Wrap with turkey sausage

S: Iced Coffee and 1/2 Quest bar

L: Leftovers from hubbie's bday dinner (shredded chicken, black beans, cheese and salsa)

S: Pistachio Thin Addictives and wedge of Laughing Cow Light 

D: Tuna with carb conscious tortilla

Post workout: EAS Carb Control Shake

S: Skinny Cow PB and Chocolate sandwich

E: Run at lunch (first time running over the lunch hour, we will see)

W/V: Started

Totals: Calories 1024, Protein 97, Carbs 104, Fat 30

Have a great day all!

AngryViking
on 5/6/15 6:26 am
RNY on 07/17/14

We were just discussing shipping honey last night!  I gave some jars to my college friends last year when we did a meet-up.  One of them is begging me to ship her a case, but we are totally out right now. I feel like a drug dealer.  I give them a taste for free, and they come back looking for a fix.  LOL

christinerocks
on 5/6/15 7:18 am - AZ
RNY on 04/06/15

If you do start selling/shipping, please let me know! Big honey fans in this household as well!!

Emiepie
on 5/6/15 7:28 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Way to go, running at lunch!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

karenp8
on 5/6/15 6:03 am - Brighton, IL

AV,my son the biologist would love to do beekeeping! He hopes to get a place somewhere where he can but first he has to find a job! Warm here in Illinois too so Lily and I are heading out for our three miles in a minute. I will also do 2.5 more on the treadmill and 25 minutes on the bike. On track with fluids and vitamins so far. I need to do some gardening today too and get some sun on these white legs. Weight today 121 and here's the eats: B 1/2 c steel cut oats with nuts and half a banana with peanut butter L 31/2 oz ground beef patty with hummus and pepper strips D 31/2 oz shrimp with 1/2 c sweet potatoes S salted caramel yogurt with granola. Have a great day full of good choices everyone!

AngryViking
on 5/6/15 6:29 am
RNY on 07/17/14

My husband loooooves beekeeping.  I'm so happy about that because he has a tendency to go full throttle into something and then forget all about it.  The great thing about the bees, too, is that once you do the initial set up, they do all the wor****il it's harvest time.  It's pretty damn cool.

karenp8
on 5/6/15 7:45 am - Brighton, IL

That must be a male thing! My hubby has all sorts of projects that are started and then forgotten. In fact he has a man cave full of them! But he does get the honey do list done so I can't complain!

Emiepie
on 5/6/15 7:29 am
RNY on 08/11/14

My legs are SO white that I should get some pool-side sun soon :)

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

melissasue1982
on 5/6/15 6:14 am
RNY on 04/06/15

We normally go to the New Hampshire Sheep and Wool festival on Mother's day and hubby buys me yarn that I want, and the kids get to see cute animals!  WIN WIN

1 month (today) since surgery!

B: 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt with 1 tbsp PB2, 1/2 packet splenda

L: Taco casserole with 1/2 mini cup Wholey guacamole

S: Premier protein

D: VT smoke & cure BBQ real stick and a low fat string cheese

Totals: Cals: 571  Protein: 71  Carbs: 24  Fat: 24

I had my follow up appointment with the NUT and surgeon yesterday.  Everything looks great.  FIRST TIME in my life I was told to try and eat more! HAHAHAHAHA  I almost passed out! HA

E: I don't know if this will happen today.  Work all day and daughter has a baseball game right after work.  Water and vitamins going down

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

Most Active
Recent Topics