Day #3 post surgery

jackieboy331
on 5/7/15 5:07 am
RNY on 05/04/15

Hi fellow RNY'ers. This is the third day out. The first two days was a little easier getting in my 1 ounce every twenty minutes. Now I'm trying to focus more and its an ordeal. I feel bloated, it is hard to eat. I'm obsessing about getting in enough protein and water forget about meds and vitamins. I am very weak as well. Did any body feel this way?

cherg24
on 5/7/15 5:43 am - Ontario, Canada

Probably almost every one of us!!! I'm only two weeks out and I have the same problem.  I think we have to stop beating ourselves up and just do the best that we can. It's hard when they say take this this and this, but stop if you feel full or uncomfortable.  Sometimes the two things just don't match up!!! I'm still exhausted but am starting my puréed foods today and can intake more at once so I'm hopeful this will help with my energy level.  We can do this.  Just take it one hour at a time.  Cheryl

Poodlemac
on 5/7/15 7:38 am
RNY on 09/26/14

It took me the better part of 5-6 months to be abled to get in a reasonable amount of water. I could drink coffee, bu****er hurt, bad!  Don't stress on it and do the best you can. You're very early out and it does get much better!  Can you tolerate sf Popsicles?  That helped me. 

(deactivated member)
on 5/7/15 10:14 am
RNY on 05/04/15

This is my 3rd day out as well, and I definitely hear you about the weakness and bloating! I keep feeling my intestines rumble and grumble, which is uncomfortable when you can't pass gas. I have a similar plan to yours -- I'm supposed to drink an ounce of water (or flavored water) or protein every 15 minutes, tracking it all on a sheet. I'm missing some for sure, but everyone keeps telling me it'll get better, so I'm trying to believe them!

caliannie
on 5/7/15 3:20 pm - CA
RNY on 04/14/15

I'm 3 weeks out and early on I was skeptical of it getting better but it does. The first week or two were the hardest because of the gas, bloating and swelling from surgery. I was struggling to get my liquids. Plain water hurt and still does. Everyone will tell you try liquids at different temperatures. Hot ginger tea (11oz) in the morning helped not only with the liquids but the ginger tea also helped with nausea. SF popsicles are a lifesaver. When all else failed they are still my go to. At 3 weeks I'm still not at the 64 oz my doctor wants more like 30-40 oz. Get chewable vitamins they will be easier while your healing. I had to cut my high blood pressure pills into 4 just to get them down the first couple of weeks. They are a little easier now. Premier Protein shakes helped early in getting my protein and it also counts toward your liquids. It also helped some of my meds go down easier. I ordered the starter kit from Unjury to try their protein powders. I'm more interested in the unflavored which can be added to more food and will help get my protein. Try chewable Gas-X for the bloating and the mantra for newbies is walk, walk, walk. It really will help with the gas. Good luck and stay connected here. Everyone has been and is supportive and helpful and will call you on the carpet when you do something that isn't in the best interest in your weight loss journey.

Carpe Diem!

Height: 5'5"  HW: 237 SW: 237 CW:138 GW: 134   M1: -31  M2: -14  M3:-12  M4: -10  M5: -10  M6: -5 M7: -4 M8: -5 M9: -5 M10: -2 M11: M12: -1

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 331 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 339 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 287 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 457 views