What's On Your Monday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 5/11/15 5:10 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Good morning and a belated Happy Mother's Day to all the moms!  I hope your children and husbands treated you well.  I actually scored my filtered water bottle AND the chaise lounge I wanted.  A life of leisure indeed!  But, of course it rained yesterday so I didn't get to use my lounge chair as much as I wanted.  My son made me breakfast, too.  A peanut butter and jelly sandwich.  LOL  I shared it with my husband and it was the best PBJ I've ever had.  And then we went out for brunch and my food choices went downhill from there.  Whatevs, I had a good day.

What did you do yesterday?  Take your mom out for lunch?  Lie on the couch and binge watch movies?

Time since surgery:  9+ months

B:  coffee, Yoplait Greek pineapple yogurt and pistachio thinaddictives w/Laughing Cow

S:  Butterball smoked turkey sticks and a cheese stick

L:  Cranberry feta walnut chicken salad w/rosemary parmesan cheese crisps

D:  S'mores Quest bar because the boy's spring concert is tonight and we usually do Pizza Hut on concert days.  I'm not doing Pizza Hut after my "Mother's Day of Indulgence".  LOL

TOTALS:  Cals:  863  Protein:  77  Carbs:  63  Fat:  42

Have a great day everyone!

mamata2
on 5/11/15 5:40 am

AV, you are one spoiled mama!  I too over ate on Mother's Day.  We went to the Avengers movie in the morning, had frozen pizza for lunch, I took a nap and then my husband and daughter made me banana bread which I proceeded to eat far to much of.  My calories we only over by a couple hundred but I don't think I managed to get in 1/2 of my protein.  Oh well, today is a new day!!  

OK, strange question, but has anyone ever burnt their tongue so bad it blistered?  On Saturday I took a drink of coffee I had warmed up in the microwave and seriously killed my mouth.  By late Saturday it looked like my taste buds were swelling, by Sunday morning it looked like small round blisters on my tongue.  They have slightly decreased in size today but they still hurt and I can't taste much :(  Anyone done something similar or know what might heal it faster??  Ugh...

Time since surgery: 10 months

B: Last piece of banana bread

S: Coffee and string cheese

L: Leftover burger

S: Dried chickpeas

Post workout: EAS Shake

D: Tuna and low carb tortilla

S: Skinny Cow PB Ice Cream Sandwich

W/V: Started

E: Run at lunch, swim after work

Totals: 1043 calories, 81 protein, 94 carbs, 49 fat

Have a great day all!

AnnyBananny
on 5/11/15 6:04 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Ouch! I've totally had that happen, but I have no words of wisdom for helping it heal, sorry!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

AngryViking
on 5/10/15 11:10 pm, edited 5/10/15 11:13 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Yikes!  Exactly how hot was this coffee?  Lava temp?  LOL

Sorry.  *ahem*  I would say maybe something cold, like popsicles, to numb it.  I also read that you can open a vitamin E capsule on your tongue to help new tissue growth. 

Emiepie
on 5/11/15 6:43 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Yikes, I too have had that happen. Took awhile to heal because I kept biting it on accident. Eventually it just healed over time.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Ocalasam
on 5/11/15 7:42 am
RNY on 12/18/12

Your mouth is one of the fastest healing parts of your body.  It won't take long.  Maybe swish with sal****er?  gross.

AnnyBananny
on 5/11/15 6:03 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Oh man, you cleaned up on Mother's Day! Good work. Did you get the Brita bottle I recommended? I hope you actually like it!

I had a fun Mother's Day with my fam. My parents came down to my sister's place and I took brunch (two different quiches, berries - and whipped cream for those who wanted to indulge -, and this amazing sour dough raisin bread) and we ate on the patio. It was so lovely, though I actually ate bread, which I pretty much never do, and it didn't sit super well...

Time since surgery: 1 year +

B: coffee with cream, breakfast sandwich

S: deli ham and Thin Addictives with Laughing Cow (this is like the go-to snack on the post lately LOL)

L: feeling uninspired so a Chobani Flips and some Somersaults (very gymnastics themed lunch)

S: turkey sticks and a Babybel

D: Quest Bar and Trek mix (damned meeting at 6:30!)

S: 100 calories bag of popcorn and a Yasso bar

TOTALS: Calories 1475, Protein 100, Carbs 166 (holy moly, what is happening?!), Fat 61

V/W: started

E: cardio at the gym on my own - 15 minutes on the Arc Trainer, 10 minutes rowing, 20 minutes on the elliptical

When I got to the gym this morning I realized I had forgotten to put my Fitbit on my sports bra  which is perhaps the most annoying thing EVER. Seriously, EV-ER! I mean we all know the exercise doesn't count if your Fitbit isn't tracking it...

AngryViking
on 5/11/15 6:13 am
RNY on 07/17/14

I did get the Brita bottle and I love it!  I'm not usually a straw person, but I'm finding that I can drink much more water this way.  Weird, right? 

I always forget my FitBit.  I'm a terrible exerciser anyway, but on the days I actually get some activity in I'm like "Man, I wish I had my FitBit on".  LOL

AnnyBananny
on 5/11/15 6:46 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Ya! I'm glad you like it. I've also noticed that with this particular bottle I can really suck it down quickly!

melissasue1982
on 5/11/15 6:20 am
RNY on 04/06/15

You forgot your Fitbit on a workout day!??!?!?!?!  The HORROR!  I hate that!!!

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

Most Active
Recent Topics