Day #8 Post Surgery

jackieboy331
on 5/12/15 8:07 am
RNY on 05/04/15

Hi fellow RNY'ers I too have had a whirlwind of emotions. Yesterday I went to work for a few hours the place is on wheels without me there. I felt pretty good have been trying to time my drinks and get in all my liquids while working. It was challenging to say the least. I woke up today exhausted. Tomorrow I start my puree' phase and am very nervous. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I cannot feel a full or hungry feeling. I never really knew what that meant because I was always hungry and always eating. I thank g-d keep my liquids down no problem but do feel bloated sometimes and pain as well occasional. I hope this will pass as well. Thanks for all your help and positive feedback.

CerealKiller Kat71
on 5/12/15 8:10 am
RNY on 12/31/13

My best suggestion is to always try new foods the first time at home.  The reason?  Because your pouch may be a bit touchy for the first few months -- and it's a lot nicer to be a bit uncomfortable at home than out or at work.  

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

mornings
on 5/12/15 10:43 am - Canada

my only advice is  slowly   try these puree foods slowly  so you  tolerate it  better   I used to give myself a 20 min limit to eat  so that I had lots of time  and no rushing  since its really only a small amount you can eat

italianspice
on 5/13/15 4:12 pm - Eastlake, OH

Congrats!

Feeling tired is pretty normal right now.

You have gotten some good advice on not trying a new food at work.

As for feeling full, I did a lot of measuring in the beginning, could not tell either. I knew I was getting full because my nose would run or I would get the hiccoughs, but no real full feeling in the beginning.

Good Luck!

~Maria

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 344 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 342 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 288 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 458 views