???????? Taco bell? ???????

sharronosia
on 5/14/15 8:00 am

I am curretly 7 3/4 weeks post op. what should i habe at taco bell, if anything. Ive been cleared for all foods. trying to make sure i choose wisely.

Ocalasam
on 5/14/15 8:24 am
RNY on 12/18/12

Not sure what you can tolerate, but I sometimes have a soft taco and tear off most of the shell and that fills me up for hours.  The calories aren't that bad on it, especially if you're not eating much of the shell.

auntmimi
on 5/14/15 8:28 am

I have had the cantina bowls with chicken, minus the rice and guac/sour cream. Not too bad!

ladygodiva1228
on 5/14/15 8:53 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

Honestly, nothing. 

I would get a chili from Wendy's if I had to have anything from a fast food place. 

There really are no good choices and at 7 weeks out you may not be able to tolerate anything at all from Taco Bell. 

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

sharronosia
on 5/14/15 9:00 am

Ladygodiva1228,

Thanks for your honesty. I need all the help I can get. 

CerealKiller Kat71
on 5/14/15 9:05 am
RNY on 12/31/13

I just want to support this -- because frankly, I agree.  I'd hate to see you start making less than stellar choices so early out.  There's nothing good at Taco Bell -- really.  I mean, I am 16 months out and I still wouldn't eat a single thing there.  

I know it's hard -- but change is so important in the early stages.  I promise that it does get easier. 

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

ladygodiva1228
on 5/14/15 9:06 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

Taco bell nutrition numbers

The carb to protein ratio is not good, plus look at the sugars that are in some of them.

The post op process can be hard and overwhelming at times.  Once you know what you can and can't tolerate things will get easier.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Tracy D.
on 5/14/15 11:34 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Here's honesty for you:  fast food makes you fat.  There are no good choices there only less-awful choices.  You went through a LOT get surgery to lose weight.  Use this time to get new habits and to eat the healthiest, cleanest food that you can get your hands one.  Your stomach is prime real estate now and you should only be putting the highest quality food in it.  Every mouthful needs to packed with the highest nutrition possible.  And that means NO. FAST. FOOD.  

Every single person in my support group who has dabbled with fast food goes back to eating more and more of it.  And they either stop losing weight or gain it all back.  Don't fall into that trap. 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

SkinnyScientist
on 5/19/15 6:00 am

Every single person in my support group who has dabbled with fast food goes back to eating more and more of it.  ....  Your stomach is prime real estate now and you should only be putting the highest quality food in it.

I second this. I used to love eating in restaurants and fast foods. They were treats, rewards and necessities. 

I had to change my focus. Now I dont even like eating in fine restaurants because I know they are going crazy with the butter, full fat cream, sugar and salt to make it taste that good.  I pretty much brown bag anywhere.

Also, in massed produced fast food, they use lots of fillers (e.g. starches, sugars, flour and other binders). That meat isnt really meat. It is protein with a **** load of other weird chemicals in it that resembles meat.  And those chemicals may not be all the a conducive to weight loss.

With my home cooking with fresh meats and veg from the grocery store (and brown bagging it) my diabetic husband has had his diabetes pill reduced from one a day to one every other day (i.e. half) and this occurred in just THREE months. He loved fast food. So those hidden chemicals and starches DO matter.  And i am using him as a testament.

YOU ARE PRIME REAL ESTATE.  Stop junking up your beautiful self, with trashy junk food/fast food.  

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 5/14/15 6:11 am, edited 5/14/15 6:13 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Count me in as someone *****commends that you avoid fast food so early out of surgery.  The only thing I ate then (and sometimes now) is Wendy's chili.  Otherwise I avoid junk food altogether.

Fast food is not healthy, despite what the advertisements may want you to believe.  It's overprocessed and always high in sodium.  Many chains have been busted for providing inaccurate nutritional information.

I was a fast food junkie prior to surgery and I can count on one hand how many times I've eaten it since surgery.  I've found that I get much better flavors and textures with foods I prepare.  My crock pot has been my best friend.  I can prepare things that I like, then portion it out and freeze them to eat later.  It's a much better option (and you control what goes into your food) than resorting to bad habits for the sake of convenience.

Now is the time to develop new behaviors towards how you eat.  We can never return to how we ate prior to surgery without expecting to regain the weight.  You can do this  

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 375 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 350 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 311 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 3 replies · 104 views
Recent Topics
What?s on tap for this Saturday?