One year Anniversary

burghblonde
on 5/15/15 11:58 am
RNY on 05/12/14

Tuesday was my 1 year anniversary to a new beginning. I deemed last year as the year of ME! Wasn't easy as I not only had an RNY, I was caring for my mother who was battling lung cancer (she is thankfully in remission today!), got back to the grind with my nursing education (honors every term), and somehow managed to care for my family and be in three places at once. Well not technically in three places at once but it sure felt like it most days! 114 lbs GONE! I feel so much more energized and am truly happier than I can ever remember. I have even started running...who would have thought?!?!? Not marathon ready by any means but a couch to 5k program is in the works. 

My only issue, 2 weeks ago I underwent an emergency lap procedure because I had severe pain across the top of my umbilical area. Nothing directly related to my guts being rearranged but I had to have a line of adhesions removed from the top of my intestines. Not a surprise because my body apparently likes to grow scar tissue like it's a career , so I knew going in this was going to more than likely be an issue. Surgical risk for me in general since I was a kid. But anyway, it's all been worth it!!! I am no longer existing, now I am LIVING!!!
Amen to that!! Happy weekend all!!

Never Sell Out On Your Heart 

~ Heather~

Karen M.
on 5/15/15 12:34 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Happy 1 Year! You've had quite a year with lots of changes, congrats on your success thus far!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

shester
on 5/16/15 7:01 am

Happy Surgiversary. Thank god your  mother is in remission. Hopefully you will have a less hectic year ahead of you 

NoDaybut2Day
on 5/17/15 12:58 am - CA
RNY on 07/03/14

Congratulations Heather!  I'm coming up on my one year surgiversary in 6 weeks.  I've been ruminating on it the successes and challenges of the year.  I love your attitude!  Continued success and good thoughts!!

HW: 308,  CW: 261,  SW: 240,  Now: 135.8  M1: -23.4  M2: -12.0 M3: -10.2 M4: -10.0 M5: -9.0  M6: -10.0  M7: -2.0  M8: -6.8  M9: -7.6 M10: -4.6 M11: -3.6  M12: -3.7  M13: -1.2

Kidda G.
on 5/17/15 7:03 am

Great news! Enjoy the ride

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 87 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 367 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 364 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?