6 weeks out - new problem

Janak47
on 6/9/15 3:55 pm - SOUTH CHESTERFIELD, VA

starting yesterday at lunch time - every time I eat I feel like the food gets stuck.  It hurts so bad - I start gagging like I am going to throw up but nothing comes up.  I am trying to eat as slow as I can - and I am chewing.  Every time it has been something I ate previously without any problems.  I am starting to get scared to eat 

I think tomorrow I may go back to cottage cheese and protein pudding and see how that goes.  I don't want to have this happen every time I eat.

Jana (RNY date 5/6/2015 - HW: 267 SW:257 CW: 233 GW:145)

hl1524
on 6/9/15 4:49 pm - Austin, TX

Does this happen with all foods?  Some things took some time for me. Tuna wa**** or miss for a while and the same with chicken. I also remember having to wait a while for deli meats too. Some times going back to foods that you know worked for you for a little bit helps. 

RNY 8/27/2014

Janak47
on 6/9/15 5:14 pm - SOUTH CHESTERFIELD, VA

I am going to go back to cottage cheese and yogurt tomorrow and see how those do.  Since dinner, even drinking water is causing pain in my chest and upper abdomen area.  I just sent my surgeon an email to let him know what is going on and asked if it is something I should be concerned about. 

NYMom222
on 6/9/15 8:56 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Make sure the food is moist as well, In the beginning especially needed some type of sauce or gravy. I had problems like that on and off. I couldn't eat tuna for 6 months, and I still am not crazy about coldcuts, yet I know a lot of people love eating coldcuts as their protein. Take it slow, eating cottage cheese sounds like a good idea. You are just starting to eat regular food, it takes time to make the transition.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

mysty888
on 6/9/15 10:51 pm
RNY on 01/22/15

Maybe possible stricture? Especially if water is not going down. I haven't had one, but Dr says it's an easy fix if that is what it is. Give your pouch a days rest, stick to liquids and super soft foods for 24 hours, which helps swelling if it's just irritated.

MickeyDee
on 6/9/15 11:54 pm

Sure sounds like a stricture, according to all the posts I've read about the phenomenon.  Stay hydrated and contact your doctor to get this checked right away.

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/10/15 3:42 am

Call the doc. Sounds like a stricture.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Kathyjs
on 6/10/15 5:12 am

I agree we are not qualified to do anything about this. Please call your Dr . Can be fixed 

Janak47
on 6/10/15 8:13 am - SOUTH CHESTERFIELD, VA

I have left a message for my surgeon - I am just waiting to hear back from him.  My protein shake this morning caused a lot of pain.  I am getting it down it just hurts.

I am actually scared of a stricture.  I know they have to put a tube down my throat to fix that - Do they put you out to do that?

kissxmyxkitty
on 6/10/15 11:13 am

Pain and even liquids causing pain and/or coming back up sounds like a stricture to me. I had that happen when I was about 3 months post-op, and again at 4 months post-op. My surgeon was able to easily "widen" it via an endoscopy each time. Keep bugging your surgeon!

Jenn - injennsbag.com & jenn.nu | kissmykitty on social media

RNY (roux en y): 11/18/2009 with Dr. Rogers at Hershey Medical Center (Hershey, PA)

hw: 335 | sw: 286 | goal: 165

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 362 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 195 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 116 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?