What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 6/11/15 5:14 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Good Morning!  Hey, I got an e-mail from PB&Co for a free jar of Dark Chocolate Dreams with ANY online purchase.  The coupon code is SMORELOVE if anyone feels like taking advantage. 

So, today I am wearing my most very favoritist size 12 Gap capris pants from back in the day.  It was one of my "goal" NSVs and I meeting it right now with a cute scoop neck T and statement necklace.  LOL  Good stuff. 

Third (haha), I am thinking of taking up lifting.  Not like gym meathead style, but something like Strong Curves or StrongLifts 5x5.  Or even You are Your Own Gym.  I've read up some, but I was wondering if anyone has any experience with lifting.  I seriously hate cardio, and I don't do anything other than walking, but lifting appeals to me.  I've been doing a series of arm/shoulder exercises with barbells and I can see I've toned up.  The bingo wings are still there, though, cheering me on.  LOL  Just looking for any personal stories.

B:  coffee and baked parmesan crisps with a HB egg

S:  Click Mocha!

L:  Buffalo chicken salad and pork rinds

D:  turkey cheddar brat and steamed edamame

TOTALS:  Cals:  861  Protein:  84  Carbs:  37  Fat:  42

NEXT!

AnnyBananny
on 6/11/15 5:25 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Good morning, good morning! So I've never heard of any of those programs, but I'm surely going to be googling them later! Strength training is SO where it's at - it changes your metabolism! I say go for it and then tell us about it.

On that subject, on Monday DodgerGirl and I are going to start this PopSugar Fitness 21 Day Arm Challenge. Feel free to join us!

I was so excited to see the post up when I logged in - I have a 9:30 meeting to start my day and it's in the opposite direction of the library from my house, so it didn't make sense to go into the Library then leave agin in 20 minutes later. I'm having a more leisurely morning than usual and it's glorious!

Time since surgery: 15 months

B: Chobani Tube, egg cups, coffee

S: Quest bar at my meeting

L: TJ's turkey meatballs and a granola thin

S: turkey sticks and a Babybel Light, Diet Snapple*

D: TJ's chicken sausage with steamed veggies

S: Trek Mix, popcorn, froyo bar

TOTALS: Calories 1316, Protein 104, Carbs 114, Fat 59

V/W: started

E: took a 1.75 mile walk this morning, BodyCombat tonight (Gym Streak Day 11)

*The Children's librarian needs Snapple bottles for a project this summer, so I've had 4 or 5 Diet Snapples over the last week and a half. The ones I've had are 10 calories and taste pretty good. Is there any reason I should be leery do you think? I had gotten into diet soda for a while and I know that's a bad habit, so I'm off it and the Snapple seems to be a good replacement. Thoughts? Vets?

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

mamata2
on 6/11/15 5:51 am

I drank soooo much Diet Snapple post surgery.  My pouch hated straigh****er and crystal light gave me headaches.  My surgeon and NUT were fine with it.  Yes, it does have caffiene but not enough to dehydrate you.  I think you are good, actually I have a Diet Peach Tea in my frig at work right now...

stacyrg
on 6/11/15 9:59 am
VSG on 05/12/14

the Pop Sugar arm challenge looks good!  I have weights at home so I think I will join you.  I'd love to be able to tone up my arms a bit more!!

mamata2
on 6/11/15 5:48 am

Good morning!  AV, I have always wanted to do strength training but I feel like Ironman training is enough at this point (LOL).  I am going to a Brewers game tonight with a friend and I am not sure what I am going to eat and drink.  I will have to stalk their web page today to get some ideas.

Time since surgery: 11 months

B: SF Latte

S: Iced Coffee and jerky

L: TJ's grilled chicken and thai sweet chili sauce (my new favorite lunch)

D: Unsure

W/V: Started

E: Run at lunch

HAVE A GREAT DAY ALL :)

melissasue1982
on 6/11/15 6:18 am
RNY on 04/06/15

I have a friend who is majorly into lifting, and it has done amazing things to her body!  I say go for it!! 

9 weeks since surgery

B: 1 packet Unjury vanilla, 3/4c skim milk

L: 1/2 cup FF refried beans

S: Dannon L&F greek yogurt

D: TBD (daughter has a playoff game tonight)

S: Light string cheese

Totals (without dinner): Cals: 396  Protein: 53  Carbs: 39  Fat: 4

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

Emiepie
on 6/11/15 7:00 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning and a very happy Thursday! Your outfit sounds too cute. I have a busy morning ahead-need to head out in a bit to watch my daughter get her 4th quarter awards, it's her last day as a 5th grader!

Lifting sounds scary...and maybe a little bit fun. I can't wait to see how it goes for you.

Time since surgery: 10 months TODAY :)

B: SF latte, egg beater scramble with spinach, cheese and bacon, fruit (nectarine, blackberries and apple slices)

S: Cranberry thin addictives and a laughing cow cheese wedge

L: P3 Ham pack and string cheese unless we leave and then prob grilled chicken 

S: L&F Greek Blueberry yogurt and a 1/4 flat out with PB2

D: Flat out pizza or trader joes pizza "burger" and froyo

E: 1 hour cardio

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals: 1159 Protein: 85 Carbs: 112 Fat: 46

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Sarah M.
on 6/11/15 9:38 am

What are the Cranberry thin addictives that you eat? Are they a cracker? Thanks!

Emiepie
on 6/11/15 11:10 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Hello! They are kind of like a thin melba type thing made with almonds and such. They come in several different flavors by Nonni's who also makes biscotti. They are a nice little snack for me topped with my cheese wedge.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Sarah M.
on 6/11/15 11:34 am

I was having a dumb moment when I asked and then remembered I was on a computer complete with google. I found them and actually went on my lunch break and got some to try (mango coconut almond). Thanks!!

Most Active
Recent Topics