Watermelon

cspotrun
on 7/7/15 7:54 am
RNY on 07/01/14

Sorry. That stinks it makes you nauseous.  It is so darn good!

Karen   

burghblonde
on 7/7/15 6:43 am
RNY on 05/12/14

I try as a rule to never go over 10 g sugar in anything. Not geared toward sugary snacks but more so toward items such as yogurt, fruits, etc. I do have watermelon on occasion...just had some last night as a matter of fact but I do not each very much of it because it typically runs around 10 g of sugar for serving and sadly a serving is not much. But, at a picnic obviously it is a much more valid choice over a cookie or cupcake or other sweet treat.

Also, my doc diagnosed me with RH months ago. I seem to only be affected by it in the morning depending what I eat. Happens about an hour post breakfast. Funny thing is I had no clue what it was and I saw a post by Grim that said RH so I asked him. Not 3 weeks later my doc told me that was what was going on. I noticed that I was getting very foggy, shaky, out of sorts, and almost felt like I was going to pass out post AM meal. I thought it was dumping...I was wrong. ;)

Never Sell Out On Your Heart 

~ Heather~

cspotrun
on 7/7/15 7:57 am
RNY on 07/01/14

Sorry to hear about your RH. I fear that for my future too. I do wish I knew about that before surgery but I only heard of it after the fact. Sounds like you manage your diet very well anyway which will help the symptoms. I wonder why after your morning meal that happens? What a pain!

Karen   

burghblonde
on 7/7/15 7:58 pm
RNY on 05/12/14

I narrowed it down to weight control oatmeal and Quest bars. They seemed to be the two things that triggered it the most. I was told to keep hard candies (SGF preferably) on me at all times and as soon as I felt it coming on to put one in my mouth. I was also given a prescription but to be honest, I never took it because eliminating those two breakfast items seemed to control it. Now I stick with greek yogurt, eggs, or a shake for breakfast. It works for me!

Never Sell Out On Your Heart 

~ Heather~

cspotrun
on 7/7/15 8:17 pm
RNY on 07/01/14

Quest bars make me dump horribly!  I stay far away.

Karen   

NoDaybut2Day
on 7/7/15 2:15 am - CA
RNY on 07/03/14

I really eat a lot of watermelon.  Watermelon and sugar free popsicles are the two things that have helped me never eat any kind of cake, candy, pie, ice cream, etc in the past year.  I treat it as a liquid though.  If I'm going to have it near a meal time, I eat it first, with a brief break in between it and the meal, or I wait until a minimum of 30 minutes after I eat before having the watermelon.  I've never dumped boo hoo :( ...  and have only experienced RH on oatmeal so far. 

HW: 308,  CW: 261,  SW: 240,  Now: 135.8  M1: -23.4  M2: -12.0 M3: -10.2 M4: -10.0 M5: -9.0  M6: -10.0  M7: -2.0  M8: -6.8  M9: -7.6 M10: -4.6 M11: -3.6  M12: -3.7  M13: -1.2

cspotrun
on 7/7/15 2:39 pm
RNY on 07/01/14

Our surgery dates are so close!

Looks like you found a winning formula for yourself.  

Karen   

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 73 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 297 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 302 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 342 views