NSV and surprise

Nurseihs
on 7/9/15 6:58 am - Latrobe, PA

So last night I took my teenage daughter shopping for jeans. Since my surgery on feb. 18-2015 I have not bought new clothes or tried any on. Since nothing ever fit me I learned to hate shopping for myself and looking in that big 3 way mirror! Yuck! So, there my daughter was trying on jeans picking out what she liked and didn't and I was standing there watching and holding clothes as usual so I look over and saw 2 tops I liked and decided to try them on. Since I was going to try the tops on I decided to try on one of the pair of jeans that fit my daughter but she didn't like on her. A running joke here has always been my teasing her that one day she would come home from school and I would be standing there with her clothes on which she always thought was creepy! LOL so I try the tops on both fit and to my surprise they were size xs!! Next the jeans fit! Size 9! The best part was a pair of jeans made with only a button and no zipper that my daughter couldn't get over her butt..... Fit me!! I bought them and they only cost $3.00!! What a surprise!! So exciting. I guess the down side was looking at myself in the 3 way mirror.... So many wrinkles and extra skin I just didn't realize! Plus, I was surprise how old looking I appeared in my face.... My daughter said of course Mom your old what do you expect! LOL

NYMom222
on 7/9/15 7:35 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Nice! Luckily you can hide most the extra skin in clothes.... I don't know how you went from February to July without buying anything... were you just strapping your clothes on? They had to be falling off. If you wear clothes that fit you will probably start getting a lot more people noticing your loss. Great NSV!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

kaniky
on 7/9/15 7:48 am
RNY on 05/18/15

Big congrats to you!!!  What a wonderful feeling that had to be!

I never said it would be easy. I said it would be worth it.
M1: -15, M2: -14, M3: -8, M4 -11, M5 -8, M6 -7, M7 -8, M8 -4

Nurseihs
on 7/9/15 7:59 am - Latrobe, PA

I wore a belt but my belt got to be too big and even with my belt on my pants were falling down! Last night I went to buy a new belt. I'm a nurse so I just wear my warm up jacket over my clothes and no one knew just how big they are. My daughter kept telling me mom you look terrible in those clothes. My work pants are size 3x but last night I bought I one new pair of scrubs size small! XS fit but I like them a bit looser for work. Lol I didn't realize how bad I looked until I saw myself in a full length mirror! The clothes I have been wearing looked bigger than I thought! LOL I have lost 78 pounds so you would think I would be smart enough to buy new clothes. I just hate to buy for myself.

MickeyDee
on 7/10/15 3:44 am

Thrift stores are the way to go.  It sounds as if you've pretty much finished your journey, so now you have to beware of shopping too much.  What a great problem to have!

Nurseihs
on 7/10/15 9:20 am - Latrobe, PA

Thank you for thinking I'm about done loosing weight. I'm only 5 months out on the 18th from my RNY. I have 22 more pounds to go before I'm considered a normal weight but I have 42 more pounds to lose before I reach goal. I'm almost 5 foot 3 so I'm on the short side. That's why I haven't gone shopping other than in my closet. I have looked at my local goodwill store and found nothing I would ever wear. Most things looked so worn they were like rags. Plus I still see my self as heavy and probably not anything like I look now in reality. I still hate to look in the mirror and run when people pull out their cameras. I'm so glad I got this surgery and would do it again in a heart beat. It's not always easy and some days I feel weak others so full of energy and life.. Thank you for your response.

MickeyDee
on 7/14/15 5:13 am, edited 7/14/15 5:14 am

Well, you know, 22# isn't that much weight!  Body Dismorphia (not seeing yourself as you are) isn't uncommon;  the more you look at yourself, the better you'll know yourself.  Get dressed up very nicely one night, makeup and all.  Look at yourself in a full-length mirror, and tell yourself "I Look Great!!"

Repeat the positive feedback as needed to defeat that nasty little voice that constantly tells you that you aren't good enough.  Result:  Victory!

And take pictures. 

Re: Goodwill shopping--I found that if I go to the stores in VERY nice neighborhoods I found VERY nice stuff.  

Jen H.
on 7/9/15 8:37 am - Davie, FL
RNY on 09/09/14

Congrats! What a great NSV. I used to hate to buy clothes too, but I am starting to sort of love it now and really limit myself because I still have a lot to lose so they won't last long. Enjoy your new sizes!

hnj22
on 7/9/15 7:58 pm
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 333 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 442 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 428 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 325 views