How long was your 3rd week stall?

AmyDee123
on 7/27/15 6:47 am - Lutz, FL
RNY on 06/12/15

So far mine is just over 3 weeks long.  :(  Its making me crazy, depressed, and frustrated.  I'm trying to remain positive but I'm starting to resign to the fact I might be broken and I will never get under 300 pounds.

I know this is extreme and most likely not the case, but its how I feel.  I am so heartbroken.  I know I was put through a lot, and that I am recovering more than most have to at this stage.  I'm charting my food daily, I sometimes miss my water but I make up for it quickly.  I am on PatchMD now for my vitamins.  I am not working out yet because of lack of energy, but i am going to start today even if it means I end up sleeping the rest of the day away.  

I just don't understand a stall for 3 weeks.  Yes, my period could be part of it.  It was supposed to start (and hormonally I started having issues) when the 3rd week after surgery hit.  today is my last day.  And I'm sure my hormones for the last 3 weeks have helped increase my depression.  But jeez, this is nuts!  I don't like feeling like this!  This is why diets didn't work in the past.  I just want to give up.

LapBand Weight 460 (2006) | Panni Removal Weight 200 (2008) | 3rd kid (2009)
Revision to RNY Weight 355 (June 2015)

Catherine-Mo
on 7/27/15 7:05 am
RNY on 05/18/15

Mine lasted a long while, as well.  People say that those having revision surgery will lose slower, as well.   I struggle with depression and understand the frustration but many times we are losing inches when we are not losing pounds.  For me, I tell myself I am doing this to be healthier and in time (maybe a long time) the weight will slowly come off.  I encourage you to not be discouraged but keep up the good work and this too shall pass.   You are not broken.  Starting to exercise is a good thing and can help with your mood.  You can do this!!

AmyDee123
on 7/27/15 7:09 am - Lutz, FL
RNY on 06/12/15

Thank you.  I know it all, but I need to hear it.  And i am glad to know I am not the only one dealing with a super long stall.  My husband is having a hard time understanding why I am depressed, and keeps telling me to just stop getting on the scale.  I can't do that.  I'm addicted to the scale, even when it makes me cry.

TimeForMe61
on 7/27/15 7:34 am - Lancaster, PA
RNY on 01/22/15

Amy, you have been through a LOT!  Mine lasted a few weeks and honestly, I thought it was never going to break!  in addition, post-surgery, I had gained 14 pounds of water weight from the surgery so it took me about 10 days to start losing beyond the 14 lb. gain, THEN I had about 14 days of loss, then the stall.

You WILL get through this.  Don't be tortured about it.  I, too, thought that I was going to be the one for whom the surgery just didn't work because dieting never did long-term.  You WILL see the payoff.  Just don't stay focused on doing everything right and everything will work out.  Have faith and trust in the process!!

AmyDee123
on 7/27/15 8:42 am - Lutz, FL
RNY on 06/12/15

I am keeping the faith.  I have to keep reminding myself that I have been through a ton.  I guess the part that is hard is that I feel good, I just don't have energy.  So I don't have a ton that reminds me that I have been through a lot.  I just expect it to work.  LOL

Cristinahdz
on 7/27/15 7:58 am

I think I'm on a stall also and it's driving me crazy :( for the past 3 days I haven't lose any weight and I'm on liquid diet! (With milk and yogurt). 😔

AmyDee123
on 7/27/15 8:42 am - Lutz, FL
RNY on 06/12/15

We will get through it.  :)

Cristinahdz
on 7/27/15 1:41 pm

Hope so!! 

diane48
on 7/27/15 8:10 am
RNY on 05/07/13

Mine lasted 4 weeks but I did loose inches.  It helps not to weigh every day if you can.  I had a lot of trouble with that.  I finally hid the scale for a while.  When I brought it out I decided that I could weigh daily if  I wanted but only document weight once a week.  That helped some.  It just seems like it will never come off but it will. 

When I posted about this, I was told that I was not that special and that it was impossible not to loose on what we are eating at that point.  Once I thought about that I knew it was true.  Just follow your program and it will happen.

AmyDee123
on 7/27/15 8:44 am - Lutz, FL
RNY on 06/12/15

Good to know someone else had a stall last a long time.  I can't put the scale away.  I have tried, but its not going to happen.  I have resigned to that fact, and I understand that I am the way I am.  As for being impossible, I know!  That is what is killing me!  When we are taking in under 1000 calories a day, and a lot of that is not getting absorbed because of how we are now wired it makes no sense how one could stall for so long!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 365 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 461 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 450 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 341 views