medication adjustment

lmf1964
on 8/14/15 5:25 pm - MI
VSG on 03/28/12

I am 7 days post op and started feeling lightheaded today. I currently take meds for depression and anxiety and the sensation I have been feeling is as if I skipped a dose of my meds. It dawned on me that the meds aren't being absorbed into my system like they once were. I have a follow-up with my psychiatrist next week so I hope he can fix things.

Anyone have this problem?

"Some day I WILL be a beautiful butterfly" - Heimlich from 'Bugs Life'     
LadyBaltimore
on 8/14/15 6:28 pm
RNY on 07/27/15

I have not had this problem, but I was warned about it by my psychologist.  (I see a psychologist for talk therapy and a psychiatrist for my anxiety and depression meds.)  I don't feel light-headed-  I actually experienced full-on vertigo spouts several times a day for about a week and a half.  (I'm three weeks out.)  Now everything is fine.

I am finding, however, that I talk more rapidly and my thoughts are kind of running willy-nilly. I'm not sure if that's just from the bursts of energy I'm getting or the malabsorption of the prozac and welbutrin.  All that said, my mood levels are staying pretty much the same- If anything, they are more positive/focused.  

*hugs*

Sorry I couldn't be more help!

Better living through chemicals,

-LB

I've Come Too Far To Take Orders From A Piece of Bread.

"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Surgery 7/27/15

44 lbs lost

Nerdy_girl
on 8/15/15 5:20 am, edited 8/15/15 5:20 am - MD

Did you get every dose you were supposed to get (and on time) while you were in the hospital? I did NOT get the right doses, the timings were completely random, and they missed a few all together during my recent stay for my revision. I didn't feel any consequences of missing the doses while I was in the hospital, but for a few days after I was home, I got that feeling of having missed doses. Even though I was back home and taking them like I used to, I think it took a few days to get back on track. 

I hope it resolves for you soon. Those feelings are no fun. 

HW: 417 | 2003 RNY: 138 loss | 2015 Revision SW: 279

Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 70 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 361 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 359 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 303 views