Checking In!!! 8 Months Out and Still Going Strong!!!

C_Turner221
on 8/22/15 6:33 pm
RNY on 12/22/14

Awesome thanks for your insight ... I need to update and add a pic of me now because it's kinda of scary I look like skin and bones... Everyone thinks I'm sick :(

Smile Life Looks Good on YOU!   Crystal    

White Dove
on 8/22/15 7:20 pm - Warren, OH

That is normal.  You basically have starved yourself because your body has not absorbed what you have eaten.  The starved look goes away.  Your body fills out again.  For about a year I just enjoyed wearing size zero and being too skinny for the first time in my adult life.  It went away and a year after that I was back to Weigh****chers and worrying that I would gain it all back.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Ladytazz
on 8/22/15 7:28 pm

It sounds like you were a lightweight to begin with.  Most lightweights (BMI's around 40 or less) generally reach goal pretty fast and may keep losing.

Do not, I repeat, do not start eating a lot of carbs to stop losing.  Many think that now that they want to stop losing it is party time and indulge freely in refined carbs.  Any many are still able to keep their weight low.  For a time.

Like others have said, around the third year the chickens come home to roost and the party is over and bounce back can occur.

Soon they are complaining about needing to get back on track again.  The best way to get back on track is to never go off it, at least when it comes to crap food.

Also, many of use looked very thin, scary thin, even when we were normal weight.  It just comes with the territory.  A lot of people with rapid weight loss will look gaunt for a while.  And I mean for a while.  Then things redistribute even without gaining anything.

I had a lot of people tell me how good I looked now that I had gained weight.  And I hadn't gained, it just moved around some and I filled out.

Even now, at 5 years out, my clothing size can change without gaining a pound.  The same things I wore a year ago are a little tighter now even though my weight is the same or even a bit lower.  Don't ask me.  I didn't make the rules, I just have to live by them like everyone else.

Go with the flow and don't listen to anyone (but your doctor).  Rare is the person who truly gets underweight and stays there for more than a second.

You will rarely see anyone complain about too much weight loss by year 3 or so but much more complain about too much gain.  Don't be one of them.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

C_Turner221
on 8/23/15 6:16 am
RNY on 12/22/14

Thanks for your insight 

I wasn't a light weight ... Well over 350 pounds. Docs made me lose a lot before I was even able to do the procedure .. I'm 5'4. 

I haven't picked up any bad habits except I love kosher dill pickles that I eat once a day. Lol! My main goal is to maintain healthy lifestyle change. So eating my protein and fruit, vitamins, etc. is my way of life ... There is no longer another way of life for me lol! I made a vow to myself that I refuse to go through all this to not change my life for the rest of my life ... I'm not complaining either just wondering .. I'm excited for life going forward ... Thanks again ... 

Smile Life Looks Good on YOU!   Crystal    

Cassandra B.
on 8/23/15 12:44 pm - Alexandria, VA

Congrats to you my dear!!  Keep up the good work.  I'm 7 years post-op and still going on strong as well.  

We are all blessed that we were able to have our surgeries and makes our lives a lot healthier.

I hope you continue on your journey to the best health and the best YOU!

Stay blessed and always encouraged.

Cassandra B. (www.tallnsassy.net or www.tallnsassy.com)

RNY in 2008 by Dr. Amir Moazzez (INOVA Fair Oaks Hospital, VA)

NYMom222
on 8/23/15 6:05 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

My Doc believes the 'stop' will happen naturally, no need to make it happen as others have said.

Liquid Vit D is the only thing that has worked for me thus far. I have been Vit D deficient for over a decade -way prior to WLS, and it wasn't until I started on a liquid Vit D from the Vitamin shoppe(after surgery) that my level finally came into normal range. I take 10 drops= 10,000 units a day. I can't compare it to the Vitalady D as I haven't tried it, but the Liquid D has worked for me.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 344 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 209 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 374 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 339 views