Newbie has a question

matthewreynolds207
on 9/20/15 10:38 am - Hendersonville, NC

i am 6 days post RNY.  So far it's been protein shakes and flavored water.  Today, after church I wanted something tastier. I stopped and got light chicken noodle soup, heated it and drained all the solids out.  I was figuring I would only be able to eat three or four spoonfuls before I had the "full" feeling everyone talks about.  Well I never did.  I stopped eating after about ten spoonfuls of the delicious favor!  Is it normal to be able to consume that much?   

Matthew Reynolds  

AnneL
on 9/20/15 11:47 am

I used a lot of broth my first few weeks. I found warm easier to get down than cold. Unjury has a pretty good chicken broth protein powder. Hitting two goals at one time.

Best to you. 

(deactivated member)
on 9/20/15 1:50 pm
RNY on 05/04/15

Liquids may never fill you up because they just slide right through. I was constantly hungry until I got to soft foods because liquids and purees just gave me no restriction at all. I thought I was doomed to be hungry forever until I had my first slider patty at about 4 weeks out!

The Salty Hag
on 9/20/15 6:51 am, edited 9/20/15 6:51 am
RNY on 05/20/13

I'm going to assume you meant eating 10 spoonfuls of the soup's solids? Your nerves were cut, you won't feel anything until they're healed, so there is no way to judge feeling full. That's why we need to rely on measuring out proper portions. We can't rely on our new pouches to tell us when we're full. 

One more thing,you need to try to limit ( or avoid totally is even better ) noodles, pasta, or rice. You need to focus on protein and fluid intake. Don't get into the habit of eating simple carbs or starches so soon, even if they are paired with protein. 

Edited to add: If you meant the broth, since it's a liquid, it'll go right through your pouch. Liquids won't stay in our pouches the way solids will. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

sassybigmama
on 9/20/15 5:59 pm - SC

hi am sorry to put this on your page but amnew here and learing how to post question ar ask something i wanna cry because i feel very stupid at this moment can someone please help me am like two months away and scared

sassybigmama

matthewreynolds207
on 9/20/15 8:08 pm - Hendersonville, NC

All you have to do is go to the forum that most closely relates to your question and click the new topic button.  Then it will have you post your question.  

Matthew Reynolds  

lynnc99
on 9/21/15 9:10 pm

Steer clear of the solids for now...but you can have broth. I remember how very good it tasted and how good it felt to have "warm food."

Grim_Traveller
on 9/22/15 5:10 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I read it as you had the broth, but no solids. Which is it?

You can spoon liquid in all day without stopping. There is no full feeling with liquid if you are adding it with a spoon.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

White Dove
on 9/22/15 6:48 am - Warren, OH

Your pouch is like a funnel with an opening on each end.  What you pour in the top comes out the bottom.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 285 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 325 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 278 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 446 views