Last supper of sorts?

Corrie33
on 10/12/15 3:03 pm
RNY on 02/09/15

Yep. As a former junk-food-junkie, there wasn't much out there that I'd never had before... EXCEPT one thing. So my friend and I made a day of it. I had to go and get a COSTCO membership and pick up my Premier Protein drinks for the next month. I had never had one of their 'famous all-beef hot dogs' that everyone I knew raved about. I've loved hot dogs since I was a kid, and had never had one.

So, we got a hot dog. And a slice of pizza. And one of their pulled pork sammiches. I stuffed myself like the glutton I was, and it was a fun day. Nope - I don't regret it one bit. I've taken the memory of that day with me through my journey so far and wouldn't trade it for anything.

PS: It really was just as good as I'd always heard it would be.

GOAL REACHED! 170 lbs lost...

RNY: 2/9/15 (age 52), Ht-5'9" HW=304, SW=292, GW=155, LW=134, CW=147

Mo.1 -29lbs Mo.2 -18lbs Mo.3 -13lbs Mo.4 -11lbs Mo.5 - 14lbs Mo.6 - 10lbs Mo. 7 -11lbs Mo. 8 -9.4lbs

jenorama
on 10/12/15 4:36 pm - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

I did a "last supper" with friends. We went to my favorite Mexican place and then had Fro-Yo for dessert. After surgery, I can still have both of those things, but now it's like I can have one or the other--certainly not both and not nearly as much as I could before! I don't regret it at all because it was a nice night out with friends and I was having major surgery in a few days and there was potential for all sorts of things to go wrong.

Jen

AMH82
on 10/12/15 5:22 pm

I hadn't planned on having a "last supper" but it worked out differently.

I had received the call about surgery approval when I was least expecting it and had already been slowly purging my house of any "convenience" and junk foods.

My husband and I were right around the corner from our favorite Mexican restaurant. When I got off the phone in tears and a big smile, he asked "are we celebrating something?"

We drove over to the restaurant, we got out and he hugged me while I cried. He pulled away and said, "let's enjoy a meal and end this chapter of your life, for tomorrow you'll start writing a new one."

I ordered my favorite meal, had unsweetened blac**** tea, chips, salsa and a few slices of avocado. It was perfect.

Kathyjs
on 10/12/15 6:58 pm

Are you asking so if you do it, you can think, well other people did? The surgery is on our stomachs but not our heads. Did I have a ' last supper ' no. At 13 years post op there is really nothing I can't eat. Ice cream a few tablespoons. Can eat and DO eat is different. I wish you great success and you don't need that last supper. You will eat again

supershopper
on 10/14/15 5:58 am

I was more curious than anything else. Though I might have a few things that it will be a long, long while before I can eat again- Like a waffle or wanton soup or a candy apple for fall.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

G2GAWAY
on 10/12/15 8:16 pm
RNY on 05/16/15

I had thought I would have several last suppers as I always had before I went on a diet in the past. But I realized this was a complete lifestyle change, so I sort of tried to take the focus off food in the weeks leading up to my surgery. On top of it all, my surgery date was scheduled fairly quickly once I met with the surgeon (after I had done the psych testing, appointments, nutritionist, etc.). I was trying to find the perfect time for the surgery to fit into my life and when the surgeon said he could do it on a Saturday in a couple of weeks (from my appointment), I jumped at it and didn't look back. I had hoped to go to the movies and eat popcorn, but it didn't fit into the schedule. I imagine I will get to eat it again sometime. No regrets and I only wish I had the surgery years ago. Eventually, I imagine I will get to have small portions of just about anything. 80 pounds down so far and no looking back. Good luck.

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

seattledeb
on 10/12/15 9:18 pm

I was going to eat massive amounts of great steak but there was a snow storm so I ate stale frosted flakes.

WereYorkie
on 10/12/15 9:46 pm
VSG on 05/11/15

A week before I went in for my pre-surgery consult with my surgeon, my mother ordered pizza for her and my father. I had already gone past the 19 pounds that was I was required to lose, so I thought, "What the heck. I have been low carb since March 1. A piece of pepperoni pizza or 2 won't kill me."

Well.... by midnight, my feet and my hands swelled to double their size and I broke out in a rash on the top of my feet. I had to drink a ton of water to flu**** all out of my system.

Lesson Learned...

Highest Weight: 340 (7/2/14)  Initial Consult: 327.8 (2/24/15) Home Weigh In on Surgery Date: 291.8 (5/11/15) Today's Weight: 187.4 (5/20/16) Total So Far: 152.6 Pounds!!!!!!

"There's only us. There's only this... forget regret. Or life is yours to miss. No other road. No other way. No day but today."

selhard
on 10/13/15 4:35 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Not a pro, didn't indulge nor regret I didn't, but since then have heard the idea requesting a private communion of bread/wine.

yankeescl
on 10/13/15 7:31 am
RNY on 09/12/13

I did not have a "last supper". I have stuck with my healthy lifestyle from the minute that I walked into my surgeon's office on the first visit. Best of luck!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 487 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 378 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 371 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 312 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 110 views
Recent Topics