Maintenance - When to Begin?

Gohopchick
on 12/15/15 1:17 pm - United Kingdom

That is helpful thanks.  You talked about paying attention to your energy.  I find that I get some pretty major energy dips.  Trying to figure out the cause.  What has your journey around energy management been like?

Jill

Cleopatra_Nik
on 12/15/15 2:21 pm - Baltimore, MD

I see your surgery date is pretty recent. That's completely normal. You haven't started consistently burning fat yet. Don't worry. Your day will come! I was the walking dead at first and then around month three I became the dang Energizer Bunny. Seriously! I could not slow down. I'm still pretty high energy to this day. I think once you start to teach your body to always be burning calories (by eating good food, exercising regularly, etc.) it just sort of forms those metabolic habits.

Hang in there!

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

Gohopchick
on 12/16/15 1:45 am - United Kingdom

Thanks - pretty recent?  I'm 13 months out... That will be great if I can expect my energy to return. :)

Jill

Cleopatra_Nik
on 12/16/15 7:38 am - Baltimore, MD

Ohhh...I must have mistook the date of your post for the date of your surgery (it said December something 2015). Sorry! I'm just returning to the boards after a long hiatus so still learning which information goes where.

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

Gohopchick
on 12/16/15 8:09 am - United Kingdom

No problemo.

I've added some sublingual B12, so hoping that helps my energy.  Also doubling my vitamin D.

Jill

Cleopatra_Nik
on 12/16/15 2:46 pm - Baltimore, MD

Did your surgeon tell you to double your vitamin D? I ask because it is toxic if you take too much of it for too long. So you should probably consult your surgeon/dietician on how much you should take if you haven't already.

Most Active
Recent Topics