Havent been here in months, 3 years post op and have medication question about Qsymia.

RainbowRN
on 2/16/16 1:31 pm - OH
RNY on 03/12/13

Thank you!  May I ask what an example is of what you eat for a day?  I have my own meal prep but it gets boring after awhile.  Some changes are nice.  :)

HW: 373 GW: 170 HT: 5'10"

(deactivated member)
on 2/16/16 3:01 pm - CA

I sent you PM with menu and calorie info.  

RainbowRN
on 2/16/16 3:29 pm - OH
RNY on 03/12/13

thanks! :)

Oxford Comma Hag
on 2/16/16 1:32 pm

Long time no see. I'm sorry to hear things haven't been going so well. Now here comes the tough love: I don't take Qysmia and I wouldn't. I take Topamax for migraines. It doesn't do anything for me regarding appetite. 

Appetite suppressants have a ****ty history for everyone except drug companies. I think your doctor is erring in prescribing it. No drug helps with head hunger, and physical hunger can be managed better with low carb, high protein.

I know about eating my feelings, as do most of us. I've had a pretty ****ty six months. I've been working hard on keeping my fesces consolidated. It's hard. Some days I want to eat every Cheeto I can find with a chaser of chocolate cake. I don't because I don't want all my health problems back. I also do not have a formal exercise plan. I move a lot, but I don't hit the gym.

I know you are frustrated. No one called you stupid or judged you. Regain can happen to any of us. We are saying diet pills aren't the way to go.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

RainbowRN
on 2/16/16 1:41 pm - OH
RNY on 03/12/13

I appreciate the honesty.  I do.  One thing that I have replaced food with is coffee.  LOL I have never drank so much coffee in my life as I have in the last 2 years.  Regain is hard.  I am just thankful that my regain is minimal.  I know it could be much worse. 

(deactivated member)
on 2/22/16 5:56 pm
Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 2/16/16 1:35 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

I've taken Topamax for bipolar, and there's a reason it's nicknamed "dope-a-max." It often causes memory problems and muddy thinking, to the point where the FDA recommended it not be used solo for weight loss because of the side effects.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

RainbowRN
on 2/16/16 1:43 pm - OH
RNY on 03/12/13

I've heard that too.  I've heard about all the terrible side effects that can come along with it.  I work on a neuro floor and we give alot of topamax.  SOme patients claim that the benefits outweigh the risk.  We'll see.  If it doesn't work for me then I'm definitely going to stop taking it. 

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 2/16/16 1:44 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

The "good" news is that the brain fog tends to kick in fairly quickly; I felt it within four or five days of starting it. By the 2-week mark you should be able to evaluate if it's something you can live with or not.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

RainbowRN
on 2/16/16 1:48 pm - OH
RNY on 03/12/13

Yeah, I'm trying it for 2 weeks and then re evaluating it.  At least I'll know quickly whether or not its going to affect me.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 60 replies · 403 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 506 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 580 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 131 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 303 views