Non- sugar-coated Cereal

NYMom222
on 3/27/16 11:54 am
RNY on 07/23/14

The main Doc who started the practice I used insisted the Dieticians understand Bariatrics.... from my understanding they did push back at first but He was non-negotiable on it. His Mantra is Protein first then veggies and then if you have room fruit, then starchy carbs. He doesn't say 'no carbs' ...but he puts it at the end of the list.

Basically they promote 'rarely' eating carbs during the weight loss phase.

Cereal though? I agree just stay away....

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

canadianmommyof2
on 3/27/16 12:57 pm
RNY on 03/16/16

Thanks for the advice daisy! Thanks for those meal suggestions. Didn't even think of that!

canadianmommyof2
on 3/27/16 10:07 am
RNY on 03/16/16

Thanks for all your replies. I'm not in desperate need of cereal or carbs. I remember reading on "what are you eating today" or another post that said to stay away from carbs, especially early out. It also said that we will lose no matter what the first six months but if we start eating carbs and create bad habits we will slow our progress of weight loss 

So that's why I was asking about cereal - our hospitals want us to lose weight then why ha hey telling us to eat all these carbs? 

You guys on obesity help are so smart  andhelpful. I'm glad that I've joined OH.

Thanks for all your help! 

Jen 

canadianmommyof2
on 3/27/16 10:07 am
RNY on 03/16/16

Thanks for all your replies. I'm not in desperate need of cereal or carbs. I remember reading on "what are you eating today" or another post that said to stay away from carbs, especially early out. It also said that we will lose no matter what the first six months but if we start eating carbs and create bad habits we will slow our progress of weight loss 

So that's why I was asking about cereal - our hospitals want us to lose weight then why ha hey telling us to eat all these carbs? 

You guys on obesity help are so smart  andhelpful. I'm glad that I've joined OH.

Thanks for all your help! 

Jen 

Spencerella
on 3/27/16 11:42 am, edited 3/27/16 4:44 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

I don't consider milk to be a protein either. I consider it to be a carby choice so avoided it.  For the most part, I still do.  The only dairy I choose as protein sources are Greek yogurt, cottage cheese and some of the string cheese thingies. If it has 1 gram of protein for each 10 cals it's a protein.

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

(deactivated member)
on 3/27/16 12:10 pm

Good for you to come here and ask questions. What the doctors give us for a plan sometimes are a joke. 

Kathyjs
on 3/27/16 1:02 pm

13 years post op

and still don't eat cereal. Waste of what little space I have . Think protein. I never did do shakes but I always have protein first

Franzman
on 4/4/16 7:17 pm
RNY on 11/09/15

I am almost 5 months out, and I eat oatmeal for breakfast almost every day. A cup of cook oatmeal with a scoop of Zero Carb Isopure protein powder with 25 grams of protein added to it. The oatmeal needs to be lukewarm or the protein will clump. Down 80 lbs and threw the insulin away.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 293 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 219 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 287 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 146 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 219 views