Exhaustion

vagirl98
on 5/15/16 5:07 pm - Halifax, VA

Hi.I had RNY March 2014. Lost 106 and been around the same weight this last year. I have been completly exhausted since first part of this year. Feb 29 2016 I went for my 2 year post op all blood work was fine. My B12 and copper were eleavated. Was told no biggie just take Vitamin C for copper and just start taking my B12 weekly. Then was scheduled to remove gallbladder  March 15. Was hoping it was coming from gallbladder since labs was fine but here I am still totally exhausted. I take all my vitamins and calcium as well as started COQ10 a month and half ago. Anyone else feeling like this or have some suggestions?

Laura in Texas
on 5/15/16 5:20 pm

Did you actually get a copy of your report or did the doctor tell you it was "fine"? Did you compare your levels to your past labs? How are your iron levels? Ferritin?

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

vagirl98
on 5/15/16 5:33 pm - Halifax, VA

I saw them. My Iron was 70 and Ferritin 27. The ferritin is on lower side if the normal range. Haven't compared them to previous labs. Went to a new Dr to get established as patient for Primary Care stuff. She ordered some labs as well. Hopefully will get them results tomorrow.

Laura in Texas
on 5/15/16 6:32 pm, edited 5/15/16 11:31 am

That's good that you have the report. Your ferritin is very low. What was your level the last time it was checked? Did it drop since then? Most of us need it to be over 100 to feel good.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

vagirl98
on 5/15/16 7:04 pm - Halifax, VA

I haven't found it yet. May have to go to local hospital to get them to print it out. 100 wow. So does taking Iron bring it up

CerealKiller Kat71
on 5/15/16 6:46 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

I had hernia surgery in December.  Since then, my ferritin levels went from an average of 98 to 122 down to 8 as of yesterday.  

My first symptoms that something was up was extreme fatigue.  I had my ferritin checked in March and was at 39.  They increased my iron greatly and I assumed it would improve -- and I am now at 8.  I am scheduled for iron transfusions.

It was explained to me that since we don't have the part of our small intestines that absorbs the greatest amount of iron, any large loss of blood can make it nearly impossible for us to build back up.  I was fine until my hernia surgery.  I also still have menstrual cycles -- so combined, it led to this issue.  Hopefully, once my stores are brought back up, I will be able to maintain normal levels with my regular iron supplement again.

Your ferritin is VERY low. You may want to ask for a referral to a hematologist or at least discuss this with your PCP.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

vagirl98
on 5/15/16 7:09 pm - Halifax, VA

I sure hope you feel better too after the infusion. Hopefully I will get a call tomorrow about labs I did with PCP. Although I'm not sure which ones she did. If nothing else make another appt with her to discuss this further and just let her know the info you all have given me

Most Active
Recent Topics