Today I declare myself a winner!

leseratte
on 6/6/16 5:08 pm - Kingston, ON,, Canada

Hello,

I am 3 month out and love my new life and healthier me, but.....

I manage a seasonal tourist attraction with a gift shop and of course all the snacks (chocolate bars, chips, ice cream) you can think of plus we sell scooping ice cream!

In the last years, I was one of my best customers. Every evening after closing I would "reward" myself with 1-2 snickers, or a bag of chips or 1 Magnum (sometimes 2, hey nobody is watching). I would read the internet and declare half an hour me time. Then I went home (we live 5 minutes away) and would eat dinner.......

Fast forward to today, I will declare myself a winner every evening when I manage a day without giving in to all these foods! (Don't worry I will not announce my victory every evening on the message board!)

I try not to focus so much on how much weight I loose, but how many days I will be winner!

Because truth to be told: They did not do surgery on my head - I will still be tired in the evening, exhausted after a long day and will keep my job for years to come......

RNY 03/02/2016

In Pounds: HW 296, SW 292, M1:-34, M2:-8, M3:-13, M4:-16, M5:-12, M6:-11, M7:-9, M8:-8, M9:-5, M10:-4

Laura in Texas
on 6/6/16 5:37 pm

Be careful giving so much power to food. Declaring yourself a "winner" for avoiding certain things implies you are a "loser" if you eat it. The all or nothing mindset can get us into trouble. I know pre-op if I ate something "bad", I considered myself a failure and then would go off the rails. I had to get over that mind-set after weight loss surgery.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Deanna798
on 6/6/16 6:41 pm
RNY on 08/04/15

You are a smart lady.  

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Laura in Texas
on 6/6/16 6:47 pm

I don't know about THAT, but I do know I had to work through a lot of **** in my head to be able to lose 200 pounds and keep it off.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

seattledeb
on 6/6/16 7:55 pm

Those transition times are hard too. Your tired at closing time. I read when we physically move from one space to another it can trigger hunger too. (My dog follows me everytime I get up...hmm).

Every morning for years I ate a donut after work. Early years it was a cigarette and a donut. To celebrate surviving  a shift. Years after I quit both I still had to take a moment and take a clear breath. Being mindful going through that time. It is a victory. Plan ahead and breeze on through. Good luck.

Deb T.

Most Active
Recent Topics