Pureed father's day dinner, YUM!

marias14
on 6/19/16 5:47 pm
RNY on 06/09/16

I'm 10 days post op and had my first pureed meal today.  I put a little potato soup in my magic bullet with some green beans a mushroom and a small piece of chicken. It looked disgusting but tasted really good. Then for dessert I had a slice of a strawberry. Started feeling a little to good and tried to play ********* with everyone and my incisions reminded me I wasn't ready for this kind of activity.  But still feel good. 

Kelley425
on 6/20/16 11:08 am

Your already on pureeds? My dr said i have to wait 2 weeks

marias14
on 6/20/16 2:39 pm
RNY on 06/09/16

Yeah 1 week liquids then 1 week pureed then 1 week pureed/soft foods then start introducing regular food. I couldn't handle clear liquids it was so awful. My stomach felt empty. So at the end of that week I started on small amounts of my premier protein shakes which I've been doing for a few months before surgery even. I was doing one for breakfast and one for lunch then a regular dinner. So now I'm up to 4 oz at a time of the protein shake. I'm going to a support group tonight put on by the nutritionists at the hospital so I'm really looking forward to hear what else I can have.  Oh and by the way that pureed meal I said I had did not reheat well. It smelled so bad I couldn't eat it. It's because of the mushroom I put in it.  

Kelley425
on 6/20/16 6:25 pm

Ooo sad.. im so jealous. Even one of my stages are 2 weeks long and im MISERABLE. 

vadarling
on 6/20/16 4:21 pm
RNY on 06/28/16

Hi there!

Your posts always give me such hope since I am about a week out from surgery. How have you been feeling energy-wise. What types of things are you up for doing in these first couple of weeks?

HW: 237, SW: 225, GW: 150

marias14
on 6/21/16 11:47 pm
RNY on 06/09/16

Thank you I'm glad I could help.  The first week and a half was an up and down with energy. I have walked a lot since day 1. My husband stayed home with me for almost a week and he would go walking around the neighborhood with me. They say that the walking helps get rid of the gas. Before surgery I ate when I didn't feel good because of course not feeling good must have meant l just needed food. So now when I don't feel good I walk.  The last couple days I have felt great but the mornings are very hard for me. I don't have the energy to stand in the bathroom and straighten my hair.  My stomach isn't liking water first thing in the morning but I'm so thirsty when I wake up. My husband bought me an electric hot pot today which is basically an electric tea pot. So tomorrow I'm going to try decaf tea in the morning. The really warm tea is so much easier for me to drink then flavored waters.  I also have an electric snow cone machine cause I've always been a fan of snow cones but when I came home from the hospital I felt bad that my husband was crushing ice with the meat mallet thing so I started using the snow cone machine to just shave ice. It was hard not to put the cotton candy flavoring on it but I was good.  My new favorite pureed meal is refried beans, cheese, and chicken. I think I need to puree the chicken alone first cause I think I almost blew the motor on my magic bullet tonight trying to puree it all together. I also tried beef hash last night. Great new flavor but ate a little to much and it was very salty. Hope all this helps.  I don't want to scare you but the first week and a half was miserable for me.  I told my husband I was so stupid to do this to myself.  But now that I'm starting to feel like a normal human being again I think it will all be worth it. 

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 475 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 542 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 527 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 211 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 414 views
Recent Topics