How much longer will I lose?

robinreinhardt
on 6/21/16 5:31 pm

I still have protein shakes because some days I run out of food and need a quick fix.

R

(deactivated member)
on 6/20/16 8:19 am

I am three years almost out from RNY. I can still lose weight. I feel restriction still. So weight loss can still occur. It is slower but it can happen. 

G2GAWAY
on 6/20/16 9:09 pm
RNY on 05/16/15

My surgiversary was last month.  I have lost 146 pounds and just now am hitting the top of the normal BMI range.  My weight loss has definitely slowed down and when I start to complain (to myself) about not losing much, I look back and I have lost another 4 or 5 pounds (similar to you). My doctor says the honeymoon phase is 18 months as well, but people can continue to lose.  I have read about many on these boards who still lose after that time.  I think the secret is to take advantage of this period.  I am also going to the gym and trying to increase the percentage of muscle vs. fat  It sounds like you are doing great.  I would like to lose 10-15 more pounds, but am going to play it by ear and see if that even works for me now.  It has been 23 years or more since I was this weight and now I have lots of excess skin so not sure if that changes the realm of possibility for a goal weight.

Keep it up. You will reach your goal if you keep focused on your new habits.

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

Jackie N.
on 6/21/16 7:39 am
RNY on 06/24/15

Thanks for replying!  You have done great!

I am sticking to my surgeon's plan to the letter -- with the exception of exercise.  I am moving more and doing more, but I have not established a scheduled exercise plan.  That is what I will do next.  Keeping the eye on the prize!! 

mute
on 6/21/16 4:53 am
RNY on 03/23/15

I've read a lot about this topic because I want to optimize and lose as much and for as long as I can. From what I can tell the more you have to lose the longer you lose. And obviously - the more calories you restrict for longer I feel coincides with how long you lose as well. I do think the standard is about 12-18 months and it's hard to say where in there you will fall. I kind of think that's up to how hard you work. I'm 15 months our so I am by no means an expert. I just try my hardest and hope every week that my work will pay off with weight loss and every time I have a small loss I'm terrified it's the beginning of the slow down period for me! So far it hasn't been but I'm aware that could stop at any time so I work as hard as I can every day to make the most of the tool I have in the meantime.

Melinda

HW: 377 SW: 362 CW:131

TOTAL LOSS: 249 pounds

Jackie N.
on 6/21/16 7:34 am
RNY on 06/24/15

Thanks for your reply.  I am still working, and will continue to do so.  I am just scared of how soon the loss will begin to slow, and then stop.  I would be happy just at the top of the normal BMI, but I want to allow some room for bounce back weight.

mute
on 6/21/16 7:47 am
RNY on 03/23/15

Unfortunately I started out at a very high weight and BMI so my goal weight is actually at the top of the overweight BMI. But I'm hopeful that I can still lose and get to the bottom of that overweight BMI and allow for some bounce back weight as well. The struggle is real!!

Jackie N.
on 6/21/16 7:51 am
RNY on 06/24/15

It is real!  I totally agree!  You have done awesomely well - almost 200 pounds lost!  I'm sure your surgeon is pleased.

robinreinhardt
on 6/21/16 5:20 pm

At one year I thought I was perfect. Went to the primary dr. and he told me BMI was still high, so I lost more weight. Perfect now, vets are absolutely right after the honeymoon phase its tough to loose weight.

For me, the honeymoon phase was 1 year and I am 18 months out.

R

NYMom222
on 6/21/16 8:32 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I definitely went through changes around the one year mark. Could eat more and didn't have as much difficulty drinking water (a big plus!)... Weight loss was barely there months 13-15 then picked up again. 

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active
Recent Topics