Any regrets?

Lovely_Caprice
on 7/27/16 6:40 am

This is very encouraging that so many had positive results!  I'm so looking forward to my WLS on 9 September.

RNY_elizabeth
on 7/27/16 7:31 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

I absolutely would do it again.  Zero regrets.

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

Teena D.
on 7/27/16 8:05 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

There are so many posts like this and I find it encouraging every time. My surgery will probably be February although I'm really hoping for sooner and I really am only a bit worried. I joined this site 10 years ago and then completely put it on a back burner. How I wish I'd gone through with it then. So looking forward to no longer being obese. 

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Grim_Traveller
on 7/27/16 8:11 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Not a single regret.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Diminishing Dawn
on 7/27/16 9:39 am - Windsor, Canada

Nope :) 

I have seen those with regrets.....it's usually that they didn't work their surgery hard enough, got back to the wrong foods too early and didn't use their tool.  This is hard work and you'll never get that first year back again so use it well :) 

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

stacyrg
on 7/27/16 9:44 am
VSG on 05/12/14

I had VSG in May, 2014 and had to convert to RNY on 7/1/2016 because of severe Reflux.  Even after suffering for almost a year and a half with coughing up stomach acid on a daily basis, I would do surgery again in a heartbeat.  Best thing I ever did for myself.  I'd have surgery every month if need be to keep me as healthy and active as I am today.

karenp8
on 7/27/16 12:15 pm - Brighton, IL

The only regret I have is not doing it sooner. I had my RNY 4 years ago at a high weight of 273. I had diabetes, highcholesterol and triglycerides and uncontrolled high blood pressure on three pills.  I was an heart attack waiting to happen and had back and knee pain everyday. I was out of breath going down my basement steps. Most times I would go to flea markets with my family and sit on the sidelines. I told my hubby I liked to sit and watch people but in reality I knew I couldn't keep up with them and didn't want to hold them back. I was so afraid about surgery I almost cancelled but I knew the path I was on was not a good one. My initial weight oil was 165 which seemed impossible at the start. In about nine months I got down below my goal and have weighed 118 to 123 for over 3 years. I have normal blood sugar levels,normal cholesterol and triglycerides too and am off all meds for these things. I have a normal blood pressure on one low dose pill now and walk 5 plus miles a day for fun. Hubby and I go camping email ery other week now and he can't keep up with me at flea markets or antique shops. I no longer worry if a chair will hold my weight or if I will fit in a restaurant booth. I'm still not used to people calling me think but I can finally see that I am. I went from a tight size 28 to a size 0 or 1 after a lifetime of being obese,even as a child. My only regret is not doing it sooner. Best of luck on your journey too and if you follow your doctor's directions you can be successful Too! Before and after pics to follow.

(deactivated member)
on 7/28/16 7:39 am

I was thinking about posting pictures that is a great idea. 

(deactivated member)
on 7/28/16 7:36 am

I would have done it even if they told me I had to drink bleach. I am so glad I did it. Life is so much better. It wasn't always easy. But whose life is?

I can't say I regret not having it sooner since this is how life has turned out so far. 

Neaucora
on 7/29/16 10:14 pm - AZ
RNY on 04/23/12

Like others, I wish I would have done it sooner! =)  I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat!

Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 0 replies · 20 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 357 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 355 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 301 views