What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

NYMom222
on 8/11/16 4:06 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Glad you are back and on the mend....That IV weight gain thing does mess with your mind....

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Nicole K.
on 8/11/16 8:43 am - Santa Monica, CA
RNY on 02/12/16

Good morning all!  I am rolling in a sleeveless shirt too, and my "chicken cutlets" are hanging low.  Don't care.  I'm currently experiencing that being cold all the time phenomenon and my heater is cranking away underneath my desk, too.  

I'm not going to bore you all with too many details, but I've been SUPER depressed lately.  I'm sick of feeling sick all the time, my job is wearing on me, all of my vacation time in the past two years has been used for surgeries and/or moving.  Seriously contemplating taking a leave of absence from work for a month or so, hopefully all the gastrointestinal issues will have worked themselves out by then and I'll just feel OK again.  It would impact the finances but to be honest, all I want to do is stay in bed anyways.

QOTD: Gorgeous men's thighs, without a doubt.  Purring.

B: Sargento's Balanced Break, skipping most of the cheese, though

L: A chunk of filet leftover from dinner last night or I have some soup

D: I'm going to an 8 year old's birthday party at Chili's.  Be very jealous. LOL

Nicole 

RNY on 2/12/2016 with Dr. Kent Sasse

First consultation weight: 309  Goal weight: 150

Kakesie
on 8/11/16 9:14 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Are you on an anti-depressant, Nicole?  If not, you may want to consider one.  If you are, maybe you need to try a different one?  I sure hope you get to feeling better really soon.  Feeling depressed is no fun!  HUGS!  

pammieanne
on 8/11/16 10:44 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

I'm sorry you're feeling so depressed... I hope you can figure it out sooner than later!

In the meantime, taking a sabbatical from work might not help. Well it wouldn't help me anyway, it would give me an excuse to be even more antisocial, and stay in bed instead. If you are seeing a doctor for this, maybe they can adjust your meds?

Hang in there! I hope you find your happy place soon!

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

Emiepie
on 8/11/16 2:22 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

The LOA might be a good option for you if you can swing, that and getting some additional support somewhere might be helpful. Truly hope you start to feel better soon.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Kathy S.
on 8/11/16 9:24 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Good Morning!  It's almost Friday    

Is it me or has this week been L O N G?  It's suppose to be back in the 100's here, UGH!  It's not a cliché, no humidity does make a difference.  Can't wait for fall, it's my fav.

I don't give a rats butt what flaps or wiggles.  Love me or not, at my age I am just glad I am moving   Speaking of moving, did a body pump class last night and adding to my must haves for getting back to working out. Move over walker!

Breakfast - protein shake

Snack - swiss cheese

Lunch - canned chicken and cherry maters from the garden

Dinner - I made eggfaces chicken salad (I know I am going to start clucking soon)

Snack - protein drink

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

G2GAWAY
on 8/11/16 10:11 am
RNY on 05/16/15

I didn't have a chance to post yesterday, but was wondering about the shower situation.  When our power is out, I can still shower (by candlelight).  But I have a gas water heater and city water.  So, I am trying to understand what prevented the showering.  I don't like my flying squirrel arms, but don't think I will have surgery for them, even though Cynthia's arms look AHHMAZING.  It's weird, but I will go sleeveless in my personal life, but NEVER at work.

I will have to try the Buddig pouches. I made a Costco run last night because Premier Protein is on coupon and also picked up some Balanced Breaks.  Haven't had those in a while, and you all have been talking about them. It was a 12 pack of two different kinds for $8.99.  That is 75 cents each.  Bargain!  It's funny, but I am always trying to get my husband to eat my leftovers and food because I don't like leftovers, and your husband is always eating your food.  I guess I would be mad if my husband ate "my" food too.  Fortunately, he doesn't like most of what I like.

My menu is up in the air tonight because hubby and I are going to a winery to see the Eli Young Band and it is a bit of a drive in traffic, so no telling how much time we will have to eat, even with leaving work about an hour early.  We may just be picking something up along the way, but I will make the best choice possible.  So, yesterday's menu was:

Premier Protein, Grilled Chicken Wrap (minus half the tortilla-I kind of miss tortillas even more than bread), Laughing Cow Cheese wedge and crackers, chicken lettuce wraps for dinner (I pretend they are tortillas, but I am oddly satisfied with that).

Oh yeah QOTD:  Shoulders and butt I guess.  My hubby is losing his butt in his older age, haha, but it's still cute.

Have an awesome day everyone.

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

AngryViking
on 8/11/16 10:15 am
RNY on 07/17/14

No power means no well pump, which means no water.  LOL

(deactivated member)
on 8/11/16 10:20 am

We have the same problem when we lose power. I know if it is going to bad weather like a major storm where we will be without power. I fill the bathtub up with water. 

pammieanne
on 8/11/16 10:47 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

We have the same problem too... and living in OK, the power goes out A LOT! We have a generator that could be hooked up to at least keep a few things going, like our well pump, for example. But it doesn't work. It's sitting in our garage, completely worthless... which reminds me, I should really call this repair dude in town, he even picks up and delivers! Dang it. Another thing to add to my list!

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 321 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 302 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 75 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 75 views