What's On Your Monday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 8/15/16 5:23 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Hey all!  How did everyone fare over the weekend?  Mine was pretty random:  I had a lovely Saturday morning breakfast with a childhood friend I haven't seen in 20+ years after which I did nada.  Yesterday morning I did some Walmart shopping on an empty stomach and bought all the foods.  I also did a **** ton of laundry while I watched gymnastics on the NBC Sports app.  It's weird to watch without any commentary, but it's also nice to not have sportscasters ramble on and on when you're trying to enjoy a routine.  Also, McDonalds SF French vanilla iced coffee does not taste sugar free, but judging by the lack of "after effects", appears to be so.

I've been kind of lax lately in sticking to my planned menu, so today is day one of Operation Reboot.  My after work grazing and BLTs as I'm making meals are threatening to get out of control.  I'm not being mindful and these things all add up and the scale is showing it.  So, today my goal is to stick to my planned menu without any extras creeping in.  Wish me luck!

QOTD!  What's on your nightstand?  I actually don't have a nightstand since my dresser is so close to the bed, but the corner of the dresser is home to a lamp, my alarm clock, a coaster that always has my pink plastic water cup with a straw in it and my Kindle.  And my bottle of melatonin, because if I leave it in the kitchen it's not getting taken.

Time since surgery:  2+ years

B:  Breakstone strawberry cottage double and pork rinds

S:  34 Degree cracked pepper crackers with a LC wedge and turkey pepperoni

L:  shrimp with ****tail sauce and a string cheese

D:  slice of whole grain toast topped with liverwurst, a slice of Colby jack and an over easy egg

TOTALS:  Cals:  883  Protein:  85  Carbs:  54  Fat:  39

Have a great Monday! 

chassibi
on 8/15/16 5:30 am

Good morning! It was a relaxing weekend here. Spent Saturday running with kids and doing errands, then dinner with my sister which wasn't planned but nice. Sunday was church and then LAZINESS was all that happened.

QOTD: I have a nightstand with a lamp, a stack of books, my ipad and sometimes my make-up case. Kind of boring. I am going to try to start journaling again, I read that Audrey journaled her feelings instead of "eating them" and I thought this was a great idea. I used to journal all the time as a teen. Anyway, I guess my point is that my journal needs to be on the nightstand too!

B- irish tea with SF pumpking spice creamer, siggi's yogurt

L- buffalo chicken dip with celery (sue me)

D- turkey breast

S- cheddar cheese stick

S- protein shake

Totals- cals- 725, protein-72, carbs- 23, fat- 36

Have a super fantastic Monday friends!

Consult Weight:276/Surgery Day Weight: 241.6 /Goal Weight: 150

AnnyBananny
on 8/15/16 5:39 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

This weekend I attempt to live by this mantra:

And I pretty much stayed on track. I didn't plan my menu as precisely as I do during the week, but I made nutritious choices, worked out on Saturday morning, and allowed for a small indulgence of a glass of wine on Saturday evening. Balance! Normal relationship with food! Yippe!

This weekend was brought to you by primarily remaining inside in the air conditioning and working on moving prep. Boring, but cathartic - I love sorting through things and putting them in boxes to donate or trash.

QOTD: My night stand includes a lamp (which during my moving prep work yesterday I managed to SMASH, much to my chagrin), random bits and bobs of knitting supplies, a candle that I never light, bullet journal supplies, tissues, a book or seven...

Time since surgery: 2+ years

B: coffee with cream, chia seed pudding

S: Siggi's Vanilla Skyr

L: skillet chicken*, string cheese

S: Quest bar

D: TJ's chicken sausage

S: Suzie's Thin Cakes** with PB, a frozen Chobani Bar

TOTALS: Calories 1126, Protein 89, Carbs 58, Fat 61 

V/W: started

E: BodyFLOW at 7:15

Mantra: Choose health!

*I've been loving this Rotisserie Chicken Skillet recipe. I left out the cream and parm cheese, but kept in the orzo. It's super easy since you use a rotisserie chicken and really tasty. I froze mine into my little muffin cups and got 12 servings, making the stats really good, as far as I'm concerned.

**Perhaps you all are familiar with Suzie's Thin Cakes, but they were new to me when I spotted them at the grocery store this weekend. They're like super thin rice cakes and the ones I selected have spelt and flax (chosen for the lowest carb count). I smear a tablespoon of Jif Whipped PB on two yesterday afternoon and they were a SUPER satisfying snack!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

(deactivated member)
on 8/15/16 5:40 am

It was a hot one this weekend. I stayed in bed for a long time yesterday. I did get showered then put my bathing suit on before I laid in bed all morning. I was watching good TV. Housewives shows and My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding. Addicted to this crap. I am not sure why. I guess it makes my life look so much better.

I don't have a nightstand but I do have wristlet that hangs there so I put my phone in there. Nothing else really.

B:Diet Coke. I know not a very good start for the day. Coffee will be next then Quest bar

L:Salad with some sort of protein

D:Fish tacos 

S:Not sure if I want one I can have one.

Cleaning all of the crap out of my cabinets.

I didn't walk again today. I don't feel bad I just know that it was way too hot.

Have a wonderful Monday

supershopper
on 8/15/16 6:16 am

I understand on the hotness! It was so hot at the beach last week!!!

I did jog once and almost blacked out.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Teena D.
on 8/15/16 5:42 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

TOday is the day I start getting serious about mu pre-op diet.  I read an article on the weekend that people who make changes prior to surgery are most likely to succeed.

Started 21 day fix exercise program today, so had a protein shake for breakfast.  

Scrambled eggs and peameal bacon (not sure what the US version is but it's similar to ham or what you call Canadian Bacon - Canadians call Canadian Bacon ham - lol) 

Snack Greek yogurt

Supper- well it starts with chicken but that's all I know so far.

My night stand has a power bar to charge my phone, ipad and portable battery, also the phone, ipad and chargeable battery, as well as a bottle of water.

Happy Monday everyone!

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Grim_Traveller
on 8/15/16 7:55 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Getting a good running start going into surgery can really help you reach your goals. 

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Teena D.
on 8/15/16 8:03 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Thanks. I really hope so. We are heading on vacation in 2 weeks so I've given myself permission to slack for that week, and on my birthday in September I plan to have vanilla cake with butter cream icing from a local bakery - because it's my very favourite, and I even though I may have cake in the future on special occasions, I don't know that I will and I'm not planning on it.  

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

supershopper
on 8/15/16 5:44 am, edited 8/14/16 10:47 pm

I'm back- Missed all of y'all!

Didn't weigh for 1 week- came home last night with a 1 pound loss when I weighed last night. My bathroom experiences at the beach were less than ideal even with the miralax so today I'm back on track and hopefully that is more than just a 1 pound loss once I get all systems back in line. I ate fairly well this trip. I did have a shrimp/crab fritter (2) hushpuppy size mid week at a greek restaurant. They were awesome but added 150 calories to my stats for the day. Also had a mikonos burger patty (lamb/beef) and it was so good. I also had some ahi tuna on greens twice. It was yummy.

My DH had cinnamon buns, pecan rolls, cookies, pie. I stayed strong.

We did some shopping, I took a ring making class and made the most awesome ring ever! It is sterling silver with a hammered look and a set CZ in the bezel. :I also bought some cool beads so i can make more jewelry to sell! very fun.

Oh and I bought some clothes of course and watched the olympics and collected shells on the beach. Some to have, some for jewelry making. DH took 2 glass making classes so now he will be making custom beads for my work :)

My meal plans for today are:

B: no oat oatmeal/decaf/miralax/pooping

L: not sure

D: not sure

I'm out of my carbmaster yogurt so that is a real problem and I like having as my evening snack. Guess I need to get to the grocery.

Edited to answer the question:

CPAP

blue glass lamp with a retro type shade

lotions

a ceramic holder for my hair ties

a drawer full of crap that I don't really use

a drawer under that for swimsuits that is almost empty since I have 2 that fit/ but there is a sarong in there and a white toga type coverup that is waay too big- oh and a tray of jewelry- mostly bracelets that apparently are not worn often.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Emiepie
on 8/15/16 7:01 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Sounds like you had a great vacation and great job for resisting the goodies!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 406 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 455 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 349 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 349 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 221 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?