What's on Your (photo) Friday Menu, RNYers?

Teena D.
on 10/7/16 7:44 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

My youngest will be 12 on the 27th!

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

karenp8
on 10/7/16 3:28 pm - Brighton, IL

Posting way late today but had a good but busy day. Lily and I had our walk in by 7 am and then spent the morning doing housework. Went down at noon and spent the afternoon at the salon getting color and a layered hair cut. Picture to follow. She trimmed about 3 inches off the bottom and layered the sides around my face. Plans for this weekend are a cowboy shoot with hubby on Saturday and housework Sunday. Post op 4 years and 1 month and weight at 117 today. Here's what I've eaten by 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter added L 31/2 oz chicken and cheese 1/2 c beets D 3/4 of egg food young patty with 2 T gravy S mission one chocolate brownie protein bar. Have a great weekend everyone and make some amazing choices!

monkam
on 10/7/16 4:09 pm
RNY on 02/16/15

Love your hair Karen!!

karenp8
on 10/7/16 4:51 pm - Brighton, IL

Thanks!

Teena D.
on 10/7/16 7:07 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

I know I'm coming in at the end of the thread and a lot may not see this. I don't want to post another thread because I don't want to offend anyone. But I really am having a hard time understanding something.  Some people I know that have had RNY are doing the 5 day pouch reset. 1 of the girls that is only 6 months out and did the reset last week just posted that she had a piece of cheesecake. And I read posts like this all the time. I know I'm pre-op and I know I will mess up from time to time. But I am really having a hard time understanding. 

Patty R.
on 10/7/16 8:26 pm - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

I understand your frustration. Some people mistakenly think bypass surgery is a magic pill, no work required, the weight just falls off. You know better than that and soon you will be getting your date!!

Deanna798
on 10/8/16 4:38 am
RNY on 08/04/15

It's hard.  I know all too well how hard it is to change the mental aspect of it.  It's easier when it's from the outside looking in.  I'm just 14 months post op, and not to goal, and I will admit to having cake and ice cream and treats on special occasions (Or weak moments).  You have heard that surgery doesn't fix your head, and its oh so true.  The thing is that they are the same people that they were before they had surgery, the same people who became obese in the first place, and they are likely struggling to adapt to the new lifestyle.

It's sad to see people sabotage themselves when they are still in the honeymoon phase, I know I've done it many times.  All you can do is be supportive and learn from others mistakes.  As long as they don't give up and keep trying, there is hope.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Teena D.
on 10/8/16 7:12 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Thanks Deanna. But at least you own your mistakes. I guess that's what I'm having a hard time with. I will be supportive though. I know I'm not perfect and will make my own mistakes but I hope like you, I will own them, dust myself off and get back on track. 

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/8/16 5:35 am, edited 10/7/16 10:36 pm

Life post op RNY is being on a diet..all the time...WLS gives us a tool that helps us stay on a diet - my tool - I can't eat a lot of food in one time as long as I chose dense proteins... I may get sick if I chose food with too much sugar or the wrong fat... Really really sick.  But I can eat boxes of crackers..and some other food all day long... So the part I need to work hard on are the food choices... But I still like chocolate...and nut-thins crackers... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Laura in Texas
on 10/8/16 5:37 am

They operate on our stomachs, not our minds. The mental part is hard. Really hard. I do have cheesecake, but not all the time.

Learn from other people's experiences, good and bad.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Most Active
Recent Topics