Tuna questions

chassibi
on 11/10/16 2:47 am

I find the chunk light works best for me, albacore seems dry. Lately my favorite way is with a slice of sharp American cheese melted over it in the microwave. Yum! 

Consult Weight:276/Surgery Day Weight: 241.6 /Goal Weight: 150

selhard
on 11/10/16 3:52 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

One of my all-time favorite meals is a tear-open pouch of Albacore paired with a frozen box of microwavable cauliflower in cheese sauce. The pouches of tuna match my own pouch capacity better than the cans of tuna do.  Since you mention you are a picky eater, it is worth mentioning Albacore has a much more mild flavor than regular tuna but yes, it is more dry; the cheese sauce helps with the dryness-factor. I think Albacore might have a higher protein count, as well (??) I don't buy Tuna Creations because straight-up solid meat is more bang-for-the-buck.  I found the brand name Bumble Bee albacore tuna pouches at the Dollar Tree and buy the brand name Green Giant frozen cauliflower in cheese sauce when they go on sale for 99 cents per box. 

Dartmouth
on 11/10/16 6:11 am - United Kingdom
RNY on 05/20/14

I know this sounds crazy!  But I used to add plain tuna to dry thing to boost protein...I added it to strong tasting soups, stir fries, mixed it with 0% fat geek yogurt and dried chilli or curry powder....

also added skim milk powder to things to boost protein as I hate protein powder....

cc583
on 11/10/16 7:47 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

Why is it that sometimes tuna goes down and settles just fine in my pouch and other times it hits me like a ton of bricks despite chewing it very well?

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 333 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 371 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 333 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 21 replies · 225 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?