What's on your Menu Today (Thursday) RNYers?

catwoman7
on 12/1/16 9:55 am
RNY on 06/03/15

QOTD:  I've always been a side sleeper, but when I was MO it was always my left side, for some reason.  Now I sleep on either/or.  I wear nightshirts (long, oversized T-shirts).  My alarms are my Fitbit and my phone, but I'm often awake before they go off.  I sleep 7-8 hours a night, usually.

18 months out:

B:  2% plain Greek yogurt, SF blackberry/blueberry sauce

S:  iced protein/mocha/Miralax latte

L:  1 C cottage cheese, small pear

D:  3 oz grilled mahi-mahi, coleslaw made with miso-sesame vinaigrette

probably another Greek yogurt or frozen protein pumpkin pop  (should be able to afford the calories today!!)

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

stacyrg
on 12/1/16 10:18 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Happy Friday eve!  Our fiscal year end was yesterday and the billing frenzy is over.  Even with my revision surgery and numerous pre-surgery medical procedures, I made my hours.  I'm exxxxhauuusssted though.  And there really is no break . . . the 2000 hour grind starts again this morning.  Yesterday was not good.  I met a friend for happy hour.  Usually we order pretty WLS friendly appetizers. . . deviled eggs, buffalo cauliflower, sliced sausage.  Yesterday he ordered the cauliflower, Mac and Cheese with bacon and edamame hummus with flat bread.  I ate waaaayyyyy more than I should have . . . and may or may not have had a taste of the mac and cheese.  I haven't eaten pasta in 2+ years.  WTH was wrong with me???  Appointment with the dietitian tomorrow to try to get to the bottom of my racing heart 20 minutes after I eat anything problem.  I'm not very hopeful.

Ugh . . .  Daisy, I totally hear you on the clothes thing.  It happens to me a bunch.  I'll put something on and think it's an awesome outfit and then I get to work and feel so uncomfortable it's hard to focus.  Today is one of those days.  I'm wearing jean leggings, a dark blue wrap sweater and boots and want to go home so I can change . . . preferably into yoga pants and uggs

DQOTD:  I sleep on my side. When I was in the midst of my acid horribleness, I was a back sleeper because I was propped up on so many pillows, I basically was sleeping sitting up.  Happiness was the second night in the hospital when I turned onto my side and fell asleep!  In the summer I wear boxer shorts and a cami, now, I'm in yoga pants and a long sleeved t-shirt.  This weekend the heated mattress pad is going back on the bed.

2 years and 7 months or 5 months post surgery, depending on how you count.

B: 3.4 oz NY strip steak

L: 3.4 oz chicken breast, cauliflower fried rice

D: ? maybe the hamburger with grilled onions and cheese I didn't have last night

S: Skinny vanilla latte, cottage cheese with 1 tbs of SF blackberry jam

Totals: Cal. 686 (w/o dinner) Protein: 80g; Fat: 17g; Carbs: 50g (?????????  Damn cauliflower rice)

Exercise:  Spin class after work

Emiepie
on 12/1/16 2:37 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good luck at your appt tomorrow. I hope you can get some answers and relief.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

stacyrg
on 12/1/16 11:30 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Thanks.  I think it will depend on the dietitian.  My group's original dietitian was awesome!  She understood bariatrics, worked with me on an eating plan that took into account my activity level, didn't push needless carbs, etc.  She got it.  Then she decided to have a baby and went on maternity leave. . . . and decided to be a stay at home mom.  I'm thrilled for her but so unhappy for me.  After my conversion surgery, my surgeon made me meet with the fill in dietitian.  I was no impressed.  She told new post ops (1 week out) that if they just had to have a snack, they could take corn tortillas, cut them in strips, spray with oil and bake them.  She didn't give any info on what would be an appropriate serving size (which in my opinion is ZERO until you're much farther out than a WEEK) and when one newbie said "great, I can have it with dip," didn't blink an eye.  

If it's the same person, I don't hold out much hope for an answer, but I'm going in with an open mind . . . really, I am!

Emiepie
on 12/1/16 12:45 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Fingers crossed for you!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Grim_Traveller
on 12/1/16 4:02 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Because . . . baking corn tortillas makes them magically healthy???

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

stacyrg
on 12/1/16 4:18 pm
VSG on 05/12/14

Right.  Particularly when you use them to scoop out onion dip.

seattledeb
on 12/1/16 10:20 pm

Just add a little pinch of protein to that onion dip.

I have my heated mattress pad on year around.

cc583
on 12/1/16 9:03 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

Very late to the party,

QOTD: 1/2 on my side and 1/2 on my stomach. Don't think I ever owned a pair of PJ's. Au natural is the way. LOL!

B: 2 egg whites, 1/2 slice bacon, ultra thin slice of cheese

S: 1oz prosciutto, 1/2 oz fresh mozzarella

L; 1oz homemade low sodium beef jerky, 1oz Canadian bacon, 4oz applesauce

D: 2.5 oz tuna, small salad, 2Tblsp thousand island dressing

S: FF chobani yogurt

Cals:654, Carbs:31, Fat:25, Protein:75

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

(deactivated member)
on 12/2/16 8:42 am

I'm amazed that I'm up to a brisk walk of 2 miles a day!  How do you do all of that exercise???

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 334 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 340 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 288 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 458 views