Had my follow up visit with my PCP yesterday.

CelticRavens
on 12/30/16 4:37 pm
RNY on 12/19/16

Tried to add this to my blog, but it wouldn't publish so I'm sharing it here.

She was thrilled to see how little bruising I suffered from my surgery. My incisions are healing fine, no pain on the right side at all. On the left where the muscles were stretched is the slight bruising & the only real pain I've had from the procedure. Learned a lesson. When going in to see her I need to not pee before leaving home. I'd been sipping my water while waiting, but couldn't get a urine sample for her. Didn't help there was a line with several small children waiting. Before if I was having a problem I'd run out to grab a soda, & 30 minutes later I'd be good to go. Not an option any longer so I gave it up after about 5 minutes & promised not to come up dry at my next visit on the 13th. :) 

My blood pressure was 124/86. Not perfect but just a bit higher than what it usually is. I'd gone to my appointment without my daily dose of cocoa. I found this chart helpful in understanding my numbers.   Understanding Blood Pressure Readings

The great news though is my A1c was 5.9. I've been 6.3-6.5 since October 2014 when she told me I had diabetes. I've been managing it by diet so I'll just continue to do that & see if my number drops even more.

I have DDD, Degenerative Disc Diesease, in my lower back, &  I've read several posts here about how much a binder helped some people deal with that + the odd feeling as though internal organs were sloshing around, or worse heading south, when standing up. I asked her about getting one & she was happy to write me a Rx for it. Now I just need to clear it with my insurance.

That was the best part of my day...

I left her office to run errands & pick my daughter up from work to celebrate her birthday, but that turned into a nightmare. Traffic was so bad I didn't have time for the errands & drove straight to her work. I'd just kill the time reading until she was done, but just as I was parking the electrical system started going down; symbols on my dash lit up even as my blinker stopped working & my wipers slid into slow motion. I had to wrestle the car into the space because it died - taking the power steering with it. Long cold wait after she finished her shift, AAA service telling me the alternator's bad, & a tow home.

Overall it was a crappy 23rd birthday for my daughter. She was tired, her feet hurt, & car trouble when we had plans was just too much. Her gift hadn't arrived yet that I was expecting; no cake either since I couldn't pick one up via tow truck, so we came home & did none of what we'd expected. I was so glad she'd gone out with her friends the night before for dinner & to see the new Star Wars film. At least she had that celebration this year.

This year Christmas money from my family is going into the car because Santa didn't bring me one. Ever, come to think of it.

What've I gotta do to get on that list?!

CJ 55 6'1 HW 415 SW 349 CW 263

Surgeon's goal - 245lbs My goal - 215 -195lbs

Doomsdayaddams
on 12/30/16 6:36 pm
RNY on 12/14/16

So sorry to hear that! That is miserable. Still, you are giving your daughter a great birthday present by taking care of her mom!

Angela, RNY 12/14/16, Frye Surgical Weight Loss

"I've got friends, and I've got family. I've got help from all the people who love me." --Mavis Staples

CelticRavens
on 12/30/16 6:59 pm
RNY on 12/19/16

Thanks! :)

CJ 55 6'1 HW 415 SW 349 CW 263

Surgeon's goal - 245lbs My goal - 215 -195lbs

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 487 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 380 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?