Omg the veterans were right!

robinreinhardt
on 1/2/17 1:18 pm

December was my 2 year surgery anniversary. . I gained 15 pounds during the holidays. The halloween and christmas candy was more than I could endure.

Well I've lost 5 so far but honestly once the honeymoon is over I was weak.

Good Luck to all the newbies and come here to OH and see what the vets are doing.

Love you all and thank you for being my support for the last 2 years.

Robin in California

RNY_elizabeth
on 1/2/17 1:41 pm - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

The best news is you are on top of it!  Before surgery when I was MO I never weighed myself or really had any idea if my weight was going up.  I was in denial and didn't want to think about it at all. You are going to do great!

~E

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

Mahalo F.
on 1/2/17 2:40 pm

OMG the vets are always right !

They have been there and done that!

The are a great support & inspiration to us all! 

Mahalo

Roux En Y - Jan. 4, 2017

HW 283 SW 260 CW 165

IN THE END WE ONLY REGRET CHANCES WE DIDN'T TAKE.

(deactivated member)
on 1/3/17 6:26 am

Come here for support. It does help.

I know it helps me. It keeps me in the right frame of mind. No one else unless they have a weight problem understands what we go through.

After the second year I did become complacent with my eating. I got really scared. Which I don't think was a bad thing. I know I never want to go back to 322 pounds. Keep pictures of yourself to remind why you had the surgery.

Good luck and keep coming here. 

SkinnyScientist
on 1/3/17 7:44 am

Welcome back Robin.

You can do this!  First implement your plan. Throw out the candy and cookies-THEY ARE POISON.

Next-eat low carb. Figure out your favorite veggies and cheeses and have those on hand for a quick snack. Beef jerky is a tasty snack too!  I also enjoy salt and pepper pistachios. And Klaussen kosher dill pickles. You would not believe the amount of pickles that I consume in a week.

Third-Move more. Try to get some extra steps in during the day. Go for a run. Do the activity with music you LOVE. My latest download is Demi Lovatos-Dont want to break your heart, give your heart a break.

And "How deep is your love" by Calvin Harris.

Finally-Never give up! Never ever give up.  You still have your tool. USE IT.

I believe in you, all you got to do is just get back on the horse.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 0 replies · 4 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 354 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 352 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 298 views